E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Fake E63 AMG Badges LMAO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 07:08 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
I don't know about the positive world thing, but voicing your opinion is just as okay as slapping badges on a non car....
you make the choice to falsely badge, others make the choice to make fun of you for it..
Old 09-28-2011, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Well, I will say that now that my E600 AMG Bluetec badges are in place, my car seems to be a lot faster. Can't wait to put the Dodge Viper V-10 logos on but will wait until I get my red brake caliper covers installed to handle the power of those badges. We are talking near light speed at that point. Now, the only mod I have left to do is to find a suitable rear wing to go with my "Sunoco - Official Fuel of NASCAR" bumper sticker.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:14 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by ImInPA
... As a Rolex owner, when I see someone wearing a fake, I just feel bad for them.
As a real watch owner (IWC, Patek, Lange, Glashuette) when I see someone wearing a Rolex, I just feel bad for them.(real or fake)

Just kidding....
Old 09-28-2011, 09:17 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by hyperion667
why do people even need rolexes? unless you're on a covert op, and need to be synced with your team, why do we need such an accurate watch?
it's basically saying "I can afford to have 10K on my wrist" and haha at you for your poor watch.......

I don't even wear a watch........LOL........

vanity.
Actually, a Rolex (and any other mechanical watch) isn't nearly as accurate as that $5 no-name quartz watch at Walmart.

My most accurate mechanical is a Seiko SpringDrive, a mechanical movement that charges a crystal that then keeps time. A quasi hybrid watch and my "daily wearer."

Last edited by CEB; 09-28-2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Added info on Seiko
Old 09-28-2011, 10:23 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
you make the choice to falsely badge, others make the choice to make fun of you for it..
That's a good way to put it. Do so as you please, but if you do, understand that you won't get the "ooh cool, you have an AMG?" nearly as much as you'll get the ", look, it's a poser-AMG".

Most mods leave cars open for critique, etc. But I don't think badging is a "mod", as much as it's an advertisement of what the car is literally supposed to be, or a "designation" or what have you.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4m, 2011 S550 4m, 2012 ML350
Those whom wear very nice, quality watches are the ones who truly don't care about vanity. Buying a nice watch is like rewarding yourself. Most of the time I am wearing a watch under a long sleeve shirt. Do I care if someone else sees it? No. I know myself that I am wearing a quality watch and I feel good about myself. I'm sure many of the high end watch owners can agree with me. You can own a $15,000 Cartier watch that the average person would see and assume it's no more than $500. In that case it would be like someone who owns an AMG and removes the badges.

To get back to the car situation, as I stated before and I'll say it again, those who says who gives a sh**, your more than welcome not to comment. I posted it to share the humor, if you don't care move on to "more important" topics. Even putting an AMG badge on your car is okay if the original model designation is still visible. Because we have AMG parts, wheels, etc. Your representing a product (AMG). But when you remove all badges and claim to have an individually hand built engine that was produced in a separate factory, it kind of devalues the brand. You are REBRANDING a product.
Happy posting people
Old 09-28-2011, 01:11 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
MBCLS550, I agree with you about the watches, I bought my Rolex as a divorce present for myself...lol I think I wore it maybe 3 times. As for the cars, I have the amg badge on the right side of my car and left the E-550 badge on also, so people that actually know what Amg even is or has one, knows I'm not trying to say I have a E-63(wish I did). I think it looks good on the right side, if I had a 4matic, I probably wouldn't have put the amg on because the badge for 4matic would be there. I think the extra chrome badges compliment the chrome strip across the back of the car on the trunk. On another note, if amg was concerned with devalueing their vehicles when people fake badge, why do they let the sport package vehicles keep amg written on their wheels on non amg vehicles? I don't think the corporate executives at Amg give 2 s***'s if people fake badge, their vehicles speak for themselves, in one word.. BADA**..
Old 09-28-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Originally Posted by ImInPA
As a Rolex owner, when I see someone wearing a fake, I just feel bad for them. Some people are after an image not quality. I am not that way. I don't care how many of them there are or how good the fakes are, I want the real thing. As was said above, the ones with the fakes aren't fooling the ones that are actually going to notice.
Bit off topic but o well...

I had a Fo-Lex once. Loved it. Paid about $100.00 for it. It was a high quality fake, but still broke after a year of ownership.

Family even offered to buy me one as a gift when getting married but turned it down. Don't get wearing a $10K+ time piece when it's gonna get nicks and scratches all day long from banging it into things and rubbing it against my desk when on the keyboard. Imagine having to worry about having to take off your watch whenever you are about to use the CPU... Have 2 Tags that paid way less for and still flinch when banging it against the door/wall/desk by accident.

You don't have to feel sorry for me. Nobody could even tell it was a fake. If anyone asked, I told them straight up it was a Fo-Lex. No shame in my game.

Think the watch analogy different from the topic tho. Sorta like if your girl had fake *****, would it bother you that much? Of course it would be nice to have the real deal... But flat is flat...

Back to topic.

An AMG is an AMG. I would never badge AMG unless its got the AMG under the hood.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by RobbieRob
MBCLS550, I agree with you about the watches, I bought my Rolex as a divorce present for myself...lol I think I wore it maybe 3 times. As for the cars, I have the amg badge on the right side of my car and left the E-550 badge on also, so people that actually know what Amg even is or has one, knows I'm not trying to say I have a E-63(wish I did). I think it looks good on the right side, if I had a 4matic, I probably wouldn't have put the amg on because the badge for 4matic would be there. I think the extra chrome badges compliment the chrome strip across the back of the car on the trunk. On another note, if amg was concerned with devalueing their vehicles when people fake badge, why do they let the sport package vehicles keep amg written on their wheels on non amg vehicles? I don't think the corporate executives at Amg give 2 s***'s if people fake badge, their vehicles speak for themselves, in one word.. BADA**..
Rob, I got a good laugh at the divorce present. In regards to the AMG badge, I have a 4-matic, and I agree that the balance of chrome on each side looks great. Although I wouldn't put an AMG badge on mine, I can see where your coming from. By having AMG rims (if you do), you have an AMG product in which you can represent. The same if one were to have an M-kit on a bmw, it comes with "///M" door sills. The rims are an AMG product. As for the executives of AMG, I agree they can care less. But if this was happening more often than it already does, I believe they'd differentiate the product further.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 PM

2010 W212, 1985 C10
the pinnacle of awesomeness!!!

Old 09-28-2011, 08:01 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

LOL, that is hilarious.

To me, putting "AMG" on the deck lid signifies nothing other than claiming to have an AMG powertrain. They are engraved all over the wheels, and some exhaust pipes (my W211 AMG Pack came with a total of 6 AMG logos spread throughout the car, 4 wheels and two tips), but those are because they are genuine AMG parts that are supplied on the cars.

In conclusion: Just put an ///M badge on it instead.

BTW, it has been posted by AMG Owners that in the "AMG Private Lounges", AMG spokesman/execs do make an issue of it, though it seems that they laugh about it in annoyance more than anything.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:15 PM

KA, I still have my E-550 badge next to my amg badge, so I'm not claiming to have a powertrain by amg at all, it goes with all the small amg items that came with my car. I think that your scotch tape on your roof to look like a pano roof is way more fake of all things I've seen, except in the import world with teenagers. They would think, "Thats Dope". Just saying, My opinion, and opinions are encouraged on this site.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:28 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Indeed they are. Yet, in a "poser Thread", the guy with the "My car wishes it was an AMG, so I'm gonna put the badge here to hope that people credit me for having one" wins.

Now, here's where you're wrong: If I told people that I have a Pano roof, then yes, I'd be a poser. However, black roofs were around before Pano roofs, were they not? So if anything, I'm posing as having black paint, not a Pano roof. The least of my worries is having a full glass roof over my head (been there, done that), what my intent is, is to have the color black, contrasting with my cars white. If you notice, I decided to leave the roof racks, and shark fin antenna white, to further signify differentiation from the Pano roof.

You can get butthurt about it all you want, but realize that there isn't much "lower" in the posing totem pole than falsely badging your car. Just the way it is. Perhaps your reasonings are genuine, and you don't care about fooling those not-in-the-know that you have an "AMG" (defeats the whole purpose of tacking on shiny plastic letters that say that very thing though, and unless you have a fixation on the letters "A M G" I don't see how it can be considered a styling attribute.... Like a black colored roof is, for example), but don't get all hissy when you car enthusiasts break your ***** for it.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
I never thought about the idea of putting 4-Matic emblems on the right side (even on RWD cars) to balance out the chrome. I wonder how many of the 4-Matic bagded cars I see out there are really 4-Matic or are just badged as such in the quest for symmetry/aesthetics? Hmmmmm.....

Last edited by golfster; 09-28-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:31 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

If the "AMG" is there just for looks, then why not choose 4-Matic, indeed?

If all you need are some shiny chrome letters, with no care on posing as having some faux-"half way there" AMG, then why not put something cooler than "AMG". Put "Badass Muthaf***a" or something like that.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 PM

Ka, why do you have in your signature that you have the amg wheel package? Don't the amg wheels come on all sports, or did you order seperate? Hmm. Golfster, I thought about it, but I would still be posing with 4matic on my car if its not. So I figure if I'm going to be a poser, the amg looks better...lol How come nobody has mentioned the fake badges on cars that have Lorinser, or renntech etc. Mine might be bad, but thats real bad.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:43 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

AMG Wheel Package is an option straight from the factory! Comes with 4 literal "AMG Wheels", and a beefy steering wheel with perforated leather, which is the standard wheel on AMG cars. The standard Sport cars do not come with AMG wheels or an "AMG steering wheel".

As for looks, I did the opposite of you, I think any plastic-chrome back there is a disservice to the nice chrome piece going across the lid (looks convoluted with the text, especially on both sides), and I opted to go the route of de-badging. Looks much better and more "artful" like that IMO (Text/Advertisements are an injustice to a nice design, and I think the sole M-B logo is more than enough "words" without saying anything).
Old 09-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Not going to lie, didn't know that. I have the twin 5 spoke amg wheels, and the steering wheel, I have the thicker one with the flat bottom. Is that what you mean? I just thought that all 2010-11 etc, sport packages came with wheels that say amg on them.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by K-A
AMG Wheel Package is an option straight from the factory! Comes with 4 literal "AMG Wheels", and a beefy steering wheel with perforated leather, which is the standard wheel on AMG cars. The standard Sport cars do not come with AMG wheels or an "AMG steering wheel".

As for looks, I did the opposite of you, I think any plastic-chrome back there is a disservice to the nice chrome piece going across the lid (looks convoluted with the text, especially on both sides), and I opted to go the route of de-badging. Looks much better and more "artful" like that IMO (Text/Advertisements are an injustice to a nice design, and I think the sole M-B logo is more than enough "words" without saying anything).
Good statement, I am thinking of debadging myself. Just going clean.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:55 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Not going to lie, didn't know that. I have the twin 5 spoke amg wheels, and the steering wheel, I have the thicker one with the flat bottom. Is that what you mean? I just thought that all 2010-11 etc, sport packages came with wheels that say amg on them.
Yeah, that's the one I have. It's like an $800 or so option, so it's relatively common on the W212's. My 2010 with Pano didn't have it and had the much more common regular Sport 5-Spoke wheels and 4-Spoke steering wheel, which are also really nice.

I wonder if the 2012's will include the new version of the 3-spoke Sport steering wheel as standard, or if they'll keep the 4-spoke as standard. Also, I wonder if the standard Sport "blade" style 5-Spokes will still be the standard wheels, or if they'll change them.

I kinda don't like how M-B puts AMG stuff all over their cars for no cost. They should keep the Options as a premium so enthusiasts can pay up for them as have relative exclusivity.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:59 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by bigben320e
Good statement, I am thinking of debadging myself. Just going clean.
Do it! I rarely see CLS's de-badged. To be honest, I think CLS's will benefit the most, as they have such a thin little area there where the text is, and it looks so forced with that looooong "CLS550" there. Plus, the CLS's design is an obvious telling of what car it is right from the get go.

I saw a pic of a new CLS with the "CLS550" on one side, and "4-Matic" on the other, and especially if they have to include "Bluetec", it looks hilarious and cluttered to hell. It almost seems like they have to start bending the text downward, a'la when you're writing and run out of room on the paper.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:05 PM

Nice, Didn't know there was a difference. Well at least my amg badge doesnt look as bad since I have the wheels and steering wheel....lol
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Nice, Didn't know there was a difference. Well at least my amg badge doesnt look as bad since I have the wheels and steering wheel....lol
Rob, that's exactly what I was saying in regards to having AMG products. You having an AMG badge is justifiable due to the AMG parts.
As to KA, I like the balance of the model designation and the 4-matic on both sides, but I do agree debadged provides a sleek, clean look. I debadged my audi when I had it and it looked a lot better. I think it's either or, no in between. Either a badge on each side, or no badges at all.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 XC60 PHEV, 2023 XC40 BEV
Geez ... and I thought long and hard about getting the 18" AMG wheels for my E350.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:37 PM

2018 S63 Sedan and 2012 E350 Cabriolet
haha, no, I agree to a degree.....
but our society is so hellbent on labels you know?
there are these similar things about the 'amg sport pack' that bother me....
on the non amg cars.......but hey.....it's all good..........
For E350 Cab, it is not called AMG Sports Package. It is actually called "Appearance Package" which IMO is a better name ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fake E63 AMG Badges LMAO