E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Keep the Command on for longer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 GLE350
Keep the Command on for longer

Does any body know how to increase the timing of the Command while the car is not running? Currently, when you turn off the car, the command is up for about 20 minutes and then shuts off (if you open the door, it shuts off right away). If you start up the car and turn it off after few minutes, then the Command shuts off after 2-3 minutes. There are times, for wahtever reason, that you want to stay in car for more than 20 minutes, how can we keep the Command up? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Somebody said to move the comand knob when it says it is shutting down. I never catch it.

I do know that unbuckling shortens the time.

Well hello! I'm waiting for my kid and the comand starting shutting down after 5minutes. Moving the knob doesn't work. I hope someone answers this!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 991.2 Turbo PDK 2017 C63S Coupe Ceramic Brakes 2015 CLS63S AMG Full House
30 minutes max (Comand in my cars) time out for battery protection. Also go to your dealership for more info on keeping Comand on for a longer period.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe Steel Gray
Did you try just pushing the power button? I know that it will turn the command on because I do it often before I even turn the car on. Not really sure how long it stays on though, but I'm pretty certain it is longer than 5 or so minutes.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Originally Posted by Stick Girl
Did you try just pushing the power button? I know that it will turn the command on because I do it often before I even turn the car on. Not really sure how long it stays on though, but I'm pretty certain it is longer than 5 or so minutes.
Tried that once too. Didn't work unfortunately.

I pick up my kid every day from school. Usually comand stays on for about 20 minutes - haven't actually timed it. Every once in a while, like today, it shuts off after a very short period, about 5 minutes. I thought it was ironic it did so while I was pecking out my reply above!
Old 10-08-2011, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E250 (S212)
Originally Posted by ttoE550
Tried that once too. Didn't work unfortunately.

I pick up my kid every day from school. Usually comand stays on for about 20 minutes - haven't actually timed it. Every once in a while, like today, it shuts off after a very short period, about 5 minutes. I thought it was ironic it did so while I was pecking out my reply above!
you might want to check your batery voltage, you are able to see in engineering menu (under HU Information I believe)

Switch-off characteristics in the event of undervoltage
If there is an undervoltage from the on-board electrical system battery (G1), a message appears on the Audio/COMAND display requesting that the engine be started. If the engine is not started,
an additional warning occurs after t = 3 min, indicating that the system will be switched off in t = 10 s if the engine is not started.

If the system has shut itself off and the on-board electrical system voltage increases again, the COMAND controller unit does not switch back on automatically. The system can be switched on
again manually. The warning procedure then runs again, until the cause for the undervoltage is rectified.

If the status of the on-board electrical system is critical, the COMAND controller unit may also be switched off without warning.

Last edited by fbezirgan; 10-08-2011 at 05:03 AM.