Paintless Dent Repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Paintless Dent Repair

Last week, one of those caring individuals that have taken up residence on my planet dinged the rear passenger door of my 040 black E350 Bluetec. Ok, now, this stuff pisses us all off. It really looked bad, albeit about the size of US quarter. I call the dealer and they told me that they have a "great dent guy". Well, I have to say I was not optimistic and figured I would ultimately be taking it to a body shop. Weill I am here to tell you that the repair has exceeded my every expectation. Only upon the most insanely OCD inspection can evidence of it ever occurring be detected. The cost was $150 through the dealer, but, I am sure this could be done for a lower cost if done directly with the individual.

While I was there the service technicia showed me another customer's car that had hail damage to the hood, roof, and trunk lid. He asked me if I could spot where the dings were. I could not. I have always been a traditional body shop repair kinda guy. This experience has been nothing but positive and I whole heartedly encourage anyone out there that experiences the "proverbial door ding", find a good "dent guy". The best part is that I got to keep my factory paint!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
These guys are good.They normally charge about $65.00 a dent depending upon the damage.Good to here you didn't have to send her to the paint shop.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:50 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
Back in the early 90's we had a severe hail storm pass through southern Indiana. The wife's car looked like a golfball when it was over. We opted to try the dent repair route before a total repaint and couldn't have been happier.

There were easily 200+ dents on all upper panels. They had the car for 3 days and it came back perfect! I was amazed at what they were capable of. He had an assortment of odd looking tools and used both heat and dry ice to coax the panels to perfection. I most definitely find a good local guy if the need arrises.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:48 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W211 E320 & W212 E550
I'm fortunate enough to have the company that makes the specialized tools these guys use (Dentcraft) down the road from me. These guys are amazing!!!