E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Help me choose!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 369 Likes on 323 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing
My last reply on this subject as its realy becoming way O/T. Bought two (both in SW FL) in 2010 - 1yr non-export waver for signed for each. (Based on your replies, I assume it was awhile since new MB all cash purchase, if at all).

Originally Posted by CEB
You sign documents you don't read and then you don't even keep copies of all of them?
Where did I say that I do not read what I sign nor keep dupes of what am given?

Originally Posted by CEB
I'm thinking you might be mistaken as nobody else here has jumped in with confirmation.
Let me assure you I'm not mistaken. I do not say anything like that unless I know I'm 100% right. Just read a few posts up, where I was incorrectly "corrected" by someone without first knowledge of the subject (not a big deal by itself, but it shows my credibility). Great majority of people lease or use financing when buying, so they wouldn't know anything about the matter.

Originally Posted by CEB
I should be able to verify in a week or so when I get my car. If I order one then it'll be a while, but I'll ask the dealer in a few minutes when I meet with them.
If "dealer" means a sales(wo)man, (s)he may or may not know. Must ask the finance manager. Remember, "cash" part is the key as for any type of financing, car can't be legally exported (hence no waver would be needed).

Last edited by threeMBs; 11-20-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:15 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by threeMBs
My last reply on this subject as its realy becoming way O/T. Bought two (both in SW FL) in 2010 - 1yr non-export waver for signed for each. (Based on your replies, I assume it was awhile since new MB all cash purchase, if at all).

Where did I say that I do not read what I sign nor keep dupes of what am given?

Let me assure you I'm not mistaken. I do not say anything like that unless I know I'm 100% right. Just read a few posts up, where I was incorrectly "corrected" by someone without first knowledge of the subject (not a big deal by itself, but it shows my credibility). Great majority of people lease or use financing when buying, so they wouldn't know anything about the matter.

If "dealer" means a sales(wo)man, (s)he may or may not know. Must ask the finance manager. Remember, "cash" part is the key as for any type of financing, car can't be legally exported (hence no waver would be needed).
Nobody at the dealership had heard anything this silly. It would be completely unenforceable as well. The finance manager was quite amused by the question.

Since you keep copies of all documents, I can only assume that you can post a copy of this "document."

This is my last post on this subject. It has nothing to do with the OP's question so let's move on after you post a copy of that document.

BTW, financed cars are often exported. Military members do this all the time.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well Mr. "know everything", I wanted to leave it alone, but you wouldn't.

The form has all my info with signature and obviously will not be posted. It was filled for both 2010 cars purchased in FL last year. When I was in NY, I know similar form was signed at MB of Manhattan with each purchase, but I do not have them saved anymore as its was quite a while back.

The form number is: 5364.

The form name is: "ADDENDUM TO RETAIL PURCHASE AGREEMENT AND/OR LEASE ORDER. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ANTI-EXPORT POLICY".

It basically says that since MB prohibits its autorized dealers from exporting a brand new vehicle outside the US territory, the vehicle is sold to me with understanding that I will use it only in the US territory and will not export it. It does not say 1 year anymore (but those I signed way back in NY did). I could not care less how or if they can enforce it. All I said that I was required to sign it, otherwise they could not sell me a car.

If you're in FL (somehow it stuck to me that you're, but I'm not sure), you must know that most if not all MB dealers are under Autonation Network. So if my dealer (store # 872, ask your dealer and they will tell you which dealer it is, if you care) requires this form to be signed, all of them probably must as well.

My only reason to post all this crap that no one else cares about is, since you could not verify my "claim", you implied that I was making it up. Frankly, I do not want to continue on the subject and could not care less what you have to say about it. Good luck with your upcoming purchase.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Originally Posted by CEB
You sign documents you don't read and then you don't even keep copies of all of them?

I'm thinking you might be mistaken as nobody else here has jumped in with confirmation.

I should be able to verify in a week or so when I get my car. If I order one then it'll be a while, but I'll ask the dealer in a few minutes when I meet with them.

Maybe it is something only for "pothalogical lier" from Florida.
Sorry, didn't know this thread made this turn. My wife and I signed such documents on both our E and C purchases. I thought it was odd at the time, but it wasn't an issue for me.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Oh, I bought in MD and paid 100% cash.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'14 ML350 GONE-'12 GL450/'10 E550/'10 ML350/'09 C300/'07 ML350/'03 E320
same here, signed no export docs with each car (5), go look on ebay listings from new MB car dealers selling almost new cars, most say not for export...as for the military, i'm sure different rules apply. The no export rule is a tariff issue
Old 11-21-2011, 06:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E-350
I bought my E350 on September 13th, 2011 in Montgomery, Alabama at jack Ingram Motors and signed the "no export agreement." I did pay cash for the car. The business manager explained to me it was something about a tariff agreement. At the time, I knew I wasn't going to export so I could care less, just give me the document and let me sign it.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:38 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,355 Likes on 2,809 Posts
2012 CLS63
looks like a pissing contest.......WHO KNOWS THE MOST!!!!??????

Old 11-21-2011, 07:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Arguing on the Internet is like running a race in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interesting. Such a document makes no sense and is completely unenforceable. I wonder why they feel the need to do that.

I'll have to revisit this with the dealer who chuckled at this yesterday.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by ImInPA
Arguing on the Internet is like running a race in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

LOL!!!! now we'll wait to see if someone runs you down for making fun of retarded people.....
Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM

E350
This is insensitive and inappropriate.

A coworkers son competes in the Special Olympics and a lot of people are very proud of his accomplishments.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
MCF

E350
It's sad but comments like the above are almost expected from a bunch of 'entitled' jaka$$es on a Mercedes forum (most of which are probably in debt up to their ears). I hope if IminPa ever has kids they get away from his as soon as possible.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Gsc

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 S550, 2014 Porsche Turbo S, 2013 Bentley GT Speed W12
Originally Posted by BenzE350
This is insensitive and inappropriate.

A coworkers son competes in the Special Olympics and a lot of people are very proud of his accomplishments.

Yea, Effed up comment...
Old 11-21-2011, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 844 Likes on 610 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by park423
same here, signed no export docs with each car (5), go look on ebay listings from new MB car dealers selling almost new cars, most say not for export...as for the military, i'm sure different rules apply. The no export rule is a tariff issue

It has nothing to do with tariffs. It is purely MB's way to protect their European, mostly German, market. Just think how much profit they make on a car you spend $60 000 here in the U.S. for and then double that profit as Euros in Germany for the same vehicle.

The thing here to know is that when Germany changed money from German Mark to Euro it was done in 2 to 1 ratio, i.e two German marks to an Euro. But when this was done the number on the car sticker did not change. A car that used to cost 60 000 German Marks now suddenly cost 60 000 Euros. They doubled the car prices in Germany and that is what they are trying to protect with this "No Export" rule.

I also had to sign a paper but mine was only for 3 months.

Sorry guys, did not know I opened a can of worms with my explanation of European car prises. What MB and other German car makers did when going to Euro explains how they can sell these cars so cheap to us. They make huge profits in Germany with their cars and they don't want us to start car transport business fron the U.S. to Germany although it is already going on.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:25 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
a bunch of judges huh????
don't be so quick to slam the gavel huh???

relax and lighten up.........it's okay to make jokes isn't it???
some of you people just want to constantly condemn others don't you??

what a sanctimonious bunch....

entitled???? No more than anyone else in this country, LOL.........
and I'm in zero debt, LOL...........like a lot of you dream to be
Old 11-22-2011, 08:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MCF
It's sad but comments like the above are almost expected from a bunch of 'entitled' jaka$$es on a Mercedes forum (most of which are probably in debt up to their ears). I hope if IminPa ever has kids they get away from his as soon as possible.
Much humor is insensitive. This forum is for big boys and girls. Now pull up your "pull-ups" and get on with life. I will gladly send you subtitles on request if any of the "grown-up" discussions **** any of you off.

Hype: I agree, a bunch of sanctimonious asses. It must have been the day the music died.

Paid cash for my E. Not entitled. Work Hard. Have great kids.

Isn't calling folks "entitled jaka$$es" insensitive? What a jerk!

Last edited by ImInPA; 11-22-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:54 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hyperion667
a bunch of judges huh????
don't be so quick to slam the gavel huh???

relax and lighten up.........it's okay to make jokes isn't it???
some of you people just want to constantly condemn others don't you??

what a sanctimonious bunch....

entitled???? No more than anyone else in this country, LOL.........
and I'm in zero debt, LOL...........like a lot of you dream to be
Much humor is insensitive. This forum is for big boys and girls. Now pull up your "pull-ups" and get on with life. I will gladly send you subtitles on request if any of the "grown-up" discussions **** any of you off.

Hype: I agree, a bunch of sanctimonious asses. It must have been the day the music died.

Paid cash for my E. Not entitled. Work Hard. Have great kids.

Isn't calling folks "entitled jaka$$es" insensitive? What a jerk!
No, actually it isn't OK to ever make insensitive comments. By making these types of comments you are merely demonstrating that you are uneducated, ignorant louts.

That older driver could be driving to the store to get medication because this country has crappy public transportation and elder care; that special olympic participant is doing something absolutely incredible that none of you could ever do in their place and that handicapped driver could well be a war vet who gave up a "normal" life and his or her limbs so that you can continue to drive your big cars and enjoy your lives.

Tell you what. Come on down to Walter Reed (formerly Bethesda Naval Medical Center) and just wander down the hallways and see these poor kids - many with multiple missing linbs and traumatic brain injuries - the same ones that you would call crippled drivers and "retarded."

You guys were wrong, you know it, so enough of that and let's get back on topic.

Everyone here makes mistakes (I seem to have been wrong about that foolish anti export document) and/or says foolish things, so let's put that behind us and talk about MB. Let's not let this forum degrade into the petty personal bashing that you see on some other forums.

There is a wealth of great information in these forums so let's continue to act like adults and put this behind us.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CEB..Works for me. That said, I just happen to be well educated and can tell the difference between humor and blatant insensitivity. I think that a thicker skin helps. I just happen to love off color humor, be it George Carlin (who would no doubt be flamed here), John Stewart, Colbert, etc. Insensitive schmucks one and all....just like me. lol

Last edited by ImInPA; 11-22-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CEB
No, actually it isn't OK to ever make insensitive comments. By making these types of comments you are merely demonstrating that you are uneducated, ignorant louts.

That older driver could be driving to the store to get medication because this country has crappy public transportation and elder care; that special olympic participant is doing something absolutely incredible that none of you could ever do in their place and that handicapped driver could well be a war vet who gave up a "normal" life and his or her limbs so that you can continue to drive your big cars and enjoy your lives.

Tell you what. Come on down to Walter Reed (formerly Bethesda Naval Medical Center) and just wander down the hallways and see these poor kids - many with multiple missing linbs and traumatic brain injuries - the same ones that you would call crippled drivers and "retarded."

You guys were wrong, you know it, so enough of that and let's get back on topic.

Everyone here makes mistakes (I seem to have been wrong about that foolish anti export document) and/or says foolish things, so let's put that behind us and talk about MB. Let's not let this forum degrade into the petty personal bashing that you see on some other forums.

There is a wealth of great information in these forums so let's continue to act like adults and put this behind us.
That's a poor apology. You were totally wrong on the subject and gave me unwarranted attitude.

However, having said that, I completely agree with you on everything else you said above. That earns my respect. I offer piece going forward.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:54 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

CEB..Works for me. That said, I just happen to be well educated and can tell the difference between humor and blatant insensitivity. I think that a thicker skin helps. I just happen to love off color humor, be it George Carlin (who would no doubt be flamed here), John Stewart, Colbert, etc. Insensitive schmucks one and all....just like me. lol
Most of us do - and are
Old 11-22-2011, 09:56 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by threeMBs
That's a poor apology. You were totally wrong on the subject and gave me unwarranted attitude.

However, having said that, I completely agree with you on everything else you said above. That earns my respect. I offer piece going forward.
You know, I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

I'd be quite happy with peace instead