Some Mp3s wont play thru USB or Music Register

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E Coup
Some Mp3s wont play thru USB or Music Register

Hi

I just bought a new e coup. It has a command center with 10gb on board memory. in the manual it says it will play mp3 windows media etc. but when i plug in my usb with mp3s it skips over some and plays the others. it does the same when i save them to the music register. All of them in their properties are mp3s so i dont know why it is doing that. Pls help

Furthermore the music register saves video files but doesnt play them. I understand that as in the manual it doesnt say anywhere it will play video unless a dvd is inserted. Is there anyway of saving or streaming video thru devices in the mercs system.

Thanks

Ash
Old 12-13-2011, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
You cannot save MP3 tracks to the hard drive. You need to create Data CD's or Data DVD's. When you load one of them in the CD changer, it will offer you the option to save it to the hard drive. That option won't appear for MP3 CD's. The manual states that you can only copy Data CD's to the hard drive.

Note that it takes a while to save a Data CD or DVD to the hard drive so the best time to do it is when you are going to be driving the car for a while so you don't interrupt the copy.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Copyright protection thingie on the part of M-B.

The system will copy your personal commercial CDs to the hard drive. Takes only a few minutes per CD. The built in database will label the folders by Artist, Album & tracks. Except for Rascall Flatts. M-B don't know Rascal Flats. However, you can record them and then manually rename the folders. Great system.

Wayne
Old 12-13-2011, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Cool

Originally Posted by BudC
You cannot save MP3 tracks to the hard drive. You need to create Data CD's or Data DVD's. When you load one of them in the CD changer, it will offer you the option to save it to the hard drive. That option won't appear for MP3 CD's. The manual states that you can only copy Data CD's to the hard drive.

Note that it takes a while to save a Data CD or DVD to the hard drive so the best time to do it is when you are going to be driving the car for a while so you don't interrupt the copy.
If you do interrupt the copy of a music CD, the system restarts at the last track that was active when the copy was stopped. WAY COOL!

Wayne
Old 12-14-2011, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E Coup
Thanks for your help. My car has usb and sd card slots also. I have copied my mp3s from my pc on to the usb and then it allows me to copy mp3. its says "copy mp3s". it works fine. Its just that when i copy tracks from my frnds, half of them work and the other half,(which are mp3 also) it skips over.

Also any help with playing or copying videos other than putting in a dvd?

Originally Posted by BudC

Old 12-14-2011, 06:41 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by ashkamran
Thanks for your help. My car has usb and sd card slots also. I have copied my mp3s from my pc on to the usb and then it allows me to copy mp3. its says "copy mp3s". it works fine. Its just that when i copy tracks from my frnds, half of them work and the other half,(which are mp3 also) it skips over.

Also any help with playing or copying videos other than putting in a dvd?
Videos only work from DVD. Sorry.