Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E-350
Originally Posted by dfordham
Wait a minute! You're a senior citizen.

Regards,
Don
Yes Don, and proud of it. Actually, I considered elaborating on that fact when I was posting, but did not want to drag out the post any longer than it was. I guess I was referring to the "stereotypical" senior citizen. One who drives as if they have an egg between the foot and the accelerator. I am sure I will get there one day, but not yet. I still run the Vette for all its worth on occasion. I just like for the car to respond to my right foot on demand.

I am 65 going on 35 when I am behind the wheel. With 14 years driving experience on German autobahns, I still have a little need for speed when conditions warrant. I just appreciate an automobile with acceleration, or between gears. I never run wide open throttle on open highways.

Thanks for the comment. I appreciate the humor and I even more apprecaite the fact that you know me well enough to make it. Take care my friend.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:49 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I bet a lot of this has to do with tranny adaptation. Neither my 2010 or 2011 suffer/ed from any throttle lag at all. My 2011, out of the 3 350's I've had (W211 and 2 W212's), seems the most aggressively "throttled" of them, sometimes the throttle is even surprisingly quick and sharp, for a luxury Benz.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:25 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
2011 E350 4MATIC
Throttle delay

I test drove a 2012 E350 wagon with that panicky second or so of no acceleration.
I told the Fletcher Jones / Fremont CA salesman about the scary lag, and that I had read on MBWorld of the software fix.
I drove several blocks with the salesman, &
we couldn't get the lag to happen.
I asked for the software update as a condition of sale.
Salesman reported my experience to his SM.
Then, FJ Sales Manager told the salesman that FJ couldn't replicate the lag & that there would be no software update.
I rejected the purchase based on FJ inaction.
That wagon was wholesaled out of FJ within a week to a used car lot down the street.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 834 Likes on 603 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by Jack McCarty
I test drove a 2012 E350 wagon with that panicky second or so of no acceleration.
I told the Fletcher Jones / Fremont CA salesman about the scary lag, and that I had read on MBWorld of the software fix.
I drove several blocks with the salesman, &
we couldn't get the lag to happen.
I asked for the software update as a condition of sale.
Salesman reported my experience to his SM.
Then, FJ Sales Manager told the salesman that FJ couldn't replicate the lag & that there would be no software update.
I rejected the purchase based on FJ inaction.
That wagon was wholesaled out of FJ within a week to a used car lot down the street.
I'm sure the "driving habit learning" function could be disabled in the TCM but MB does not do that. Throttle lag can be eliminated by re-setting TCM and perhaps the car that you test drove had TCM reset done just recently. But the lag comes back in a week or two depending how the car is driven. Mine comes back in a week as I drive mostly on highways so the car learns I do not need a fast gas pedal.

But, a good fix for it is a $300 Sprint Booster.
The following users liked this post:
pb39374 (03-14-2020)