E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

3-D Navigation For 2012 E350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350 Sport
3-D Navigation For 2012 E350

I have the 3-D city checked in the COMAND system for the navigation, but I'm not getting the true 3-D effect on the display. It looks like the standard navigation screen in all cars. Does it have to be selected to a certain zoom ratio? Can it have something to do with my location-Los Angeles and surrounding areas outside of the city

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
In my experience, the 3-D display only shows on certain cities and zones within the city. I live in New York City and while driving midtown and lower Manhattan, I can see the 3-dimensional aspects in the comand, with true shapes of the actual buildings. However, as soon as I head north about half a mile, even just to the Upper East Side of Manhattan, the 3-dimensional aspects disappear and the "regular" flat map shows. Hence I suspect, the comand/navigational feature is triggered only once you get into the "inner city" with taller buildings that the software was pre-programed to dimensionalize. Try driving in downtown Los Angeles to see if your map will show the buildings.

Hope that helps.