E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

KEYES EUROPEAN REAR ENDED MY CAR DURING SERVICE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by ImInPA
I am glad you got your car repaired, but, the stories you spin do not always add up, or, seem to be "spiced up" for dramatic effect...lol.
Thanks - I lol'ed.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by amaycg
Update: KEYES SENT MY CAR TO A NON-MERCEDES BENZ APPROVED BODY SHOP TO GET MY GL BUMPER REFINISHED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION...

But the car came out great! They washed it though...grumble grumble...screw them for not telling me that they took my car to a body shop that wasn't even approved by Mercedes-Benz. The body shop was DM Auto Body in Van Nuys, CA . Apparently, it's INFINITI approved, but not MB approved...

I read reviews online for DM Auto Body and compared it to the dealer's MB certified body shop, which I believe is Pride Auto Body, and the reviews for DM were much higher...Maybe I can still sue the dealer in small claims court for taking my car off their lot without my written or oral consent...
unreal ! your dealer has officially stepped all over you simply because you are a nice guy! doesn't matter the result is good or not, they took your car to any place w/o your permission is just plain wrong. you should either talk to the owner of that dealer or contact mbusa for that reason alone. it's just unacceptable. in fact, i would do both. looks like the owner could care less about his/her ****ty staff. man, i really wish you have better luck in the very near future.

Originally Posted by dfordham
In order to sue, it's my understanding that you must have suffered damages. Rather, it sounds like you are pleased with the result.

You may be able to claim that you suffered loss of resale value due to the dealer's negligence. The resulting CARFAX entry alone can be worth resale $'s.

Or, if you had added expenses during the resolution of the incident, you could claim that as damages.

Whether the money or revenge factor are worth the effort to sue is up to you. One thing's for sure though, I'd stay away from that dealer in the future!

Regards,
Don
+1 .
Old 03-29-2012, 10:35 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I am glad you got your car repaired, but, the stories you spin do not always add up, or, seem to be "spiced up" for dramatic effect...lol. I do agree with K-A...you do seem to born under a bad sign...you have a lot of problems with vehicles.
Lol. I agree. I know that when I get high strung or really paranoid about things, I exaggerate the effects myself, so no knock to our valued Member Amayc, but I get the same impression via all the magnetized car problems and the car comparisons that sometimes seem dramatized or exaggerated toward "Car B" for example.

It's interesting how when you put a certain energy out there, you seem to attract it as well. Whenever I start getting totally **** about my car, things keep happening that upset me toward it. When I relax and think "who gives a sh**", everything's all of a sudden fine. To note, I AM very paranoid and **** about my car, but I've gotten much better at thinking "Hey, if nothing happens to it or things happen that I can fix or that don't bother me, then great, my car will remain my gem... but if things happen that make ruin my experience with the car, then great, I'll stop caring about these things and focus on getting another car which I can start the process over with".

Kind of a win win situation if you look at it like that.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 E550
I have never in my life seen an MB approved body shop. Some dealers do have a body shop on premise. What makes a body shop MB approved? This comment struck me as so over the top that I had to call MB. MB relies on it's dealer network to know the body shops in their area and send them. There is no MB Approved body shop certification.
http://www.mbcollisioncenters.com/pa...blicindex.aspx

Includes nice video of an S-class hitting a wall - in reverse.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Your link is for a program that is open to body shops to buy into. I have never seen a body shop with such certification not attached to a dealership. There are not many such shops on the list, so it is likely many would not have access. My dealer has a body shop listed on the sheet so they have definitely bought into it. We have a couple local body shops that specialize in German/Swedish vehicles that do very nice work. When I called MB they told me to go by local dealer recommendations. That they know the good shops. Maybe you should send them the link.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550 coupe
Certified shops http://www.mbusa.com/vcm/MB/DigitalA...nters_list.pdf
Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Originally Posted by K-A
Lol. I agree. I know that when I get high strung or really paranoid about things, I exaggerate the effects myself, so no knock to our valued Member Amayc, but I get the same impression via all the magnetized car problems and the car comparisons that sometimes seem dramatized or exaggerated toward "Car B" for example.

It's interesting how when you put a certain energy out there, you seem to attract it as well. Whenever I start getting totally **** about my car, things keep happening that upset me toward it. When I relax and think "who gives a sh**", everything's all of a sudden fine. To note, I AM very paranoid and **** about my car, but I've gotten much better at thinking "Hey, if nothing happens to it or things happen that I can fix or that don't bother me, then great, my car will remain my gem... but if things happen that make ruin my experience with the car, then great, I'll stop caring about these things and focus on getting another car which I can start the process over with".

Kind of a win win situation if you look at it like that.
Note that he washes all his MBs every weekend for 5 to 7 hours EACH (not including the interior) so that damaged and repaired GL might never look the same to him again.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
Lol my car should be done today i hope it looks perfect!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220, E350
he must of been backing up pretty fast

2 weeks ago i accidently backed up the e class into the wall since forgot to shift it into park

when i went to take a look i didnt notice any damage. just a couple of white specs of dust that came off the wall.