Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Will happen to all

Originally Posted by MB500
That would be a very cool feature to introduce on smartphone phones -- lock texting and other functionality if the phone senses the speed of more that 10 mph. That shouldn't be very hard to do since a typical smartphone has all the components to detect speed.
Think there are apps that parents can purchase that does the above on their children's phones.
I envision US and European governments will eventually require that cars be equipped with devices to prevent phone calls, texting, internet accessing, navigation inputting, etc. while car is in motion because far, far too many people refuse to drive safely. BTW, NO ONE can text and drive safely.
From my personal experience, even trying to change folders, files and songs on Music Register distracts me too much.
If every body drove safely, we wouldn't need air bags, seat belts, crush zones, ad infinitum.
Incidentally, the police are doing their job.
Having spoken with others and done it myself, most law enforcement officers permit 9 MPH over posted limit before they even stop you. Will usually knock off 5- 10 MPH on the ticket-if they give one. Then the judge will knock off a few more or knock down the points and just take the money if you go to court.
For every time I have been caught, there were thousands of times that I wasn't.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by F1Bobby
That all seems minor compared to this don't you think!

http://www.godvine.com/Police-Office...ying-1065.html
Damn man, that's a tear jerker!

Imagine if people reported all the good that LE's do! Instead you have every d-bag with a sense of entitlement posting some nonsense such as what we see in this very thread.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG, CLK550
Originally Posted by K-A
Damn man, that's a tear jerker!

Imagine if people reported all the good that LE's do! Instead you have every d-bag with a sense of entitlement posting some nonsense such as what we see in this very thread.

Absolutely spot on!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:17 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Originally Posted by evanswan
They put up trap left turn signs 15 feet up. It's like looking for a *** airplane. cops pulling people over all day long. It's the best business model ever invented. I hate cops. 98% are dirt bags, ego and child hood proplems like most MMA fighters. If you want to be a cop think about your issues and go see a *** thereapist. Go to school and make some real money. quite pulling over honest hard working people on their way to work or *** breakfast or some ****. ****ers eye ball me all day in my rides. Jelous prics.

I swear the last one I wanted to take his head off. Meet me in public off duty and try to give me a ticket.
Oh boy do you have some major issues. My grandfather was a cop and he was the kindest most honorable and religious man I ever met. Once when we were kids, my brothers and I found a small old slingshot in his sock drawer and we pulled it out and used it to kill a sparrow. When he found out that we killed the small bird he went absolutely ballistic. Apparently that slingshot was owned by my father when he was a young boy and my granfather confiscated it because my father had just killed a bird. That was my granfather the cop. He never ever fired his gun on duty until he retired. My neighbor's house burned down and my neighbors lived with him for months until they found a new home.

Where do you live and who do you hang out with? Are you a gang member? Why in the ****** world do you drive 128 mph in a regular toll road? Are you trying to compensate for something? If you have a problem with the cop and believe they are wrong THEN TELL THE JUDGE in your court hearing! Otherwise, just like the OP, stay within the law and your driving life will be easier.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
I made a turn on Wilshire the other day going really fast and saw a cop too late....but luckily for me, he decided to pull over the guy behind me who ran the red instead LOL. I got pretty lucky.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:23 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Originally Posted by mbluver111
I live in Orange County, CA and cops there have nothing better to do then pull people over. Somehow I was the unlucky one today. This is my first ticket ever. I was driving the opposite direction of the cop. He saw me and made a U-Turn and I'm assuming because he saw I had no front license plate. (Reason for pulling someone over) Then he pulls up next to me and tells me to pull over. He claims I was going 35mph and impeding traffic on the 50mph lane due to me looking at my cell phone. I was well aware that I saw the cop before I even touched or looked at my cell phone. Stupid cop writes me up for a fixit ticket for my front license plate and once I have it installed, I have to go to the police department to write it off. But, my other ticket is for impeding traffic and texting. So STUPID!!! I hate cops. Even though this is my first ticket, I'm still pissed for a stupid cop to make up some BS so he could make his monthly quotas. Could you guys help me and give me advice on what to do? He said that the ticket charges will come in the mail in 2 weeks and then I can decide on what to do with the tickets. What would be your guys recommendation? Should I fight it and how does it work?? Do I have to attend traffic school and pay the fine still?
Looks like you got all the GOOD advice here in the forum. I guess you thought members would side with you eh! Last week in SoCal, three cyclists were run down by a woman who was fiddling around with her cell phone or GPS unit. One of the cyclists is in critical condition. The woman claimed she only looked down for a couple of seconds. There is a reason why cops do not tolerate texting behavior - BECAUSE LIVES ARE AT STAKE. You should be glad he caught you because it could have been worse. You could have hit someone first before the cops caught you.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:36 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by Paxfobiscum
Looks like you got all the GOOD advice here in the forum. I guess you thought members would side with you eh! Last week in SoCal, three cyclists were run down by a woman who was fiddling around with her cell phone or GPS unit. One of the cyclists is in critical condition. The woman claimed she only looked down for a couple of seconds. There is a reason why cops do not tolerate texting behavior - BECAUSE LIVES ARE AT STAKE. You should be glad he caught you because it could have been worse. You could have hit someone first before the cops caught you.

But, but, but - he wasn't texting, he was only "looking" down at his cell phone.

Some people believe that they are immune to the laws of nature. They are all great drivers, can multitask while driving and the world should lick their boots.

I'm glad to see that only one idiot sided with the OP.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 PM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
Using your cell while driving is just a part of the problem in the world today with drivers. I drive on major roadways in PA. and NJ all the time, and I am amazed at some of the things I see people doing while driving. Some women are the worst, I seen a girl putting on lipstick in her mirror, not looking at the road at all, with a bagel sitting on her dash getting ready to eat also??? The cops aren't the problem, jacka** drivers are the problem and its getting worse every day. People have to much on their minds today to be doing something else while driving, remember the good ole' days when you could get a BJ and drive with no problem.....lol/jk
Old 04-09-2012, 06:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
E550
Originally Posted by RobbieRob
Some women are the worst, I seen a girl putting on lipstick in her mirror, not looking at the road at all . . .
I watched that in action on my trip to skeet the other day.

I was stopped at a light. Idly looking to the right. Here comes a teeny girl, in a new Camaro, cellphone on top of the steering wheel while she's texting, rolling up to the car stopped for the light in front of her.

WHAAM!!!!

Well, let's see. $5K++ to fix the Camaro, plus whatever she will pay to fix the car in front, plus $$$$$ to take care of the medical expenses for the car in front, plus the cost of airbags! (On daddy's checkbook?)

ALL OF THAT IN 140 CHARACTERS!!!!!

Ain't technology wonderful . . . too bad it can't do something about brains.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 124 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Sorry Pal, this forum was not the place for sympathy on your plight. As you can see, these guys are intelligent and call it the way it is.

As for your claim that you were only "looking" at the phone, the benefit of the doubt was not extended by many of us on that one. You would need a very gullible judge to buy it.

Now, be socially responsible and pay your fines and thank the "stupid cop" for a cheap education that may save you or someone else serious injury in the future.

Last edited by petee1997; 04-09-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:32 PM

2013 E350 Wagon, prev 2005 ML 500 SE
inattentive drivers.....

Originally Posted by Paxfobiscum

No sympathy here for cell phone/texting ticket. My passion is road biking and cell phone drivers are deadly to cyclists. Drunk drivers at least are watching the road. Texting drivers are deadly.
No call or text is worth the price of driving distracted.....
Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 E350, 2015 S550
Originally Posted by MB500
That would be a very cool feature to introduce on smartphone phones -- lock texting and other functionality if the phone senses the speed of more that 10 mph. That shouldn't be very hard to do since a typical smartphone has all the components to detect speed.
I thought about this. But what if you are a passenger in the car and not the driver? You wouldn't want to loose the functionality. Garmin did this with their early GPS products in the opposite way. People would use the in expensive land based units in a private aircraft. Garmin programed the software to disable the unit when it recognized a speed above a certain preset rate. That way you had to buy the much more expensive aviation approved units.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 AM

2010 E350 (W212)
Originally Posted by mbluver111
I live in Orange County, CA and cops there have nothing better to do then pull people over. Somehow I was the unlucky one today. This is my first ticket ever. I was driving the opposite direction of the cop. He saw me and made a U-Turn and I'm assuming because he saw I had no front license plate. (Reason for pulling someone over) Then he pulls up next to me and tells me to pull over. He claims I was going 35mph and impeding traffic on the 50mph lane due to me looking at my cell phone. I was well aware that I saw the cop before I even touched or looked at my cell phone. Stupid cop writes me up for a fixit ticket for my front license plate and once I have it installed, I have to go to the police department to write it off. But, my other ticket is for impeding traffic and texting. So STUPID!!! I hate cops. Even though this is my first ticket, I'm still pissed for a stupid cop to make up some BS so he could make his monthly quotas. Could you guys help me and give me advice on what to do? He said that the ticket charges will come in the mail in 2 weeks and then I can decide on what to do with the tickets. What would be your guys recommendation? Should I fight it and how does it work?? Do I have to attend traffic school and pay the fine still?
It sounds to me that you did everything wrong, and the officer did everything right. Who did you say the "stupid" person is?

What is in it for the officer to lie?
What is in it for you to lie?

Brian
Old 04-12-2012, 07:10 AM

2010 E350 (W212)
Originally Posted by listerone
They have quotas to meet.A state like California that's been brought to its financial knees by illegals (and others) over the years will take every opportunity it gets to redistribute the wealth.Remember what George Harrison said...."if you drive a car I'll tax the street,if you take a walk I'll tax your feet".
There is no such thing as a "quota", officers are allowed to write as many tickets as they want!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:13 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
wow! has MBluver been back to see his/her post???
hilarious!!!

let the roasting continue!!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Originally Posted by hyperion667
wow! has MBluver been back to see his/her post???
hilarious!!!

let the roasting continue!!
"Ummmmmm....R-O-A-S-T-I-N-G".....slobber.....drool.....dribble.

- Homer Simpson

Old 04-13-2012, 11:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
'12 E63
Originally Posted by Live Oak
E. Swan, I'm going to assume you had three highballs (or 11 beers) before writing that.

If I'm wrong, then you are a complete ***hole, and will one day end up completely safe from the cops you hate so much because you will be behind bars, being protected by a bunch of people just like you.

If you weren't drunk when you wrote that, hopefully your incarceration will occur before you hurt somebody.
+1, but don't blame alcohol. It can't make this big of a loser out of someone. I laughed the loudest at the "Meet me in public off duty and try to give me a ticket" line. Threatening violence over an anonymous internet post- now that's a real man.

Last edited by ERC4; 04-13-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
You know he'd be a cowering like a little kiddy if a Cop actually took him up on that idiotic and unrealistic "challenge".

Humankind baffles me.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
and op STILL has not come back with a post!!!!......I'll bet he gets nervous pretty easily......

Old 04-14-2012, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLE 350 W4, 2016 C 300, 2012 E 350 W4 Lux, 2006 ML 350
Lots of Support Here

Hey MGLover! Aren't you glad you posted this thread??
Old 04-15-2012, 11:24 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Gee, I wonder why he hasn't come back here to "defend" himself? He's been on the site as recently as yesterday so we can assume that he's come back to his thread.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:37 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
no doubt....there isn't much he could say, we roasted that *** pretty bad......lol
Old 04-15-2012, 01:03 PM

2012 E350
u guys are right...it was in the heat of the moment...i will pay my fines and move on and learn from this experience. thanks for your helpful comments.

Last edited by mbluver111; 04-15-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:24 PM

2012 E350
it was my fault for going 35 on a 50 mph due to the fact that i got nervous when the cop kept eyeballing me from his side motorcycle mirror when he past me so i slowed down which i first thought it was my missing front license plate that he was just looking at. the cop explained even a quick glance at my cell phone is unacceptable when driving which could result in an accident. it was my fault. next time i should not be nervous when a cop drives near me even though it happens to many of you im guessing. as for my original post, im sure you guys would be pissed the **** off to get a ticket. the fact of the matter is, i will accept my responsibility
Old 04-15-2012, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 609 Likes on 460 Posts
W212 FL
Everyone can do mistakes and kudos to you for your understanding
There are other things that pose danger not just phone , you should not look at the person in the passenger seat when talking more explicitly you should always keep your eyes on the road

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: STUPID COPS