E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Before and After: My brand new 2012 E350 BlueTEC! :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Their opening shot is always low and unprofessional. Counter with.
1. Totally loaded, special order to the max E-Class model of your dreams.
2. Pain and suffering.
3. Emotional distress.
4. An E-Class rental while your new car is built because you won't feel safe in anything else.
5. Further emotional distress for treating you like an idiot.
That should be worth high 6 figures. Be prepaired to settle for #1 and #4 above.

Wayne
Old 05-05-2012, 04:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 613 Likes on 462 Posts
W212 FL
She did a good job by making you sell all the bikes , they are dangerous but what makes them even more perilous is other reckless drivers
Old 05-05-2012, 07:55 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
so your wife MADE you do something.....

my wife and I talk things through......nobody MAKES anyone do anything.....

I have no resepct for those MAKING us do things........
Old 05-05-2012, 08:10 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Sometimes my Girlfriend MAKES me have sex with her.

Fortunately for her, even in my most not convenient to engage in such activities moments, it isn't always so difficult to do.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 AM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Might be time to talk to one of those car accident lawyers.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Volvo XC70; 2012 GLK 350 4matic
Cool

Originally Posted by venchka
Their opening shot is always low and unprofessional. Counter with.
1. Totally loaded, special order to the max E-Class model of your dreams.
2. Pain and suffering.
3. Emotional distress.
4. An E-Class rental while your new car is built because you won't feel safe in anything else.
5. Further emotional distress for treating you like an idiot.
That should be worth high 6 figures. Be prepaired to settle for #1 and #4 above.

Wayne
Assuming the worst, and they insist on repairing the vehicle...
Before signing anything, DEMAND that the car be repaired to factory original condition. Like the day it rolled off the assembly line a few months ago. This includes the factory clear coat at about $1,000/gallon plus expert application. That might make them reconsider and do the right thing.
Looking at this from their point of view, their job is to get off cheap. Looking at from your point of view, you want a new vehicle.
Hopefully reason and common sense will prevail.

BTW, which insurance company represents the offending driver?

Wayne
Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E350 Sport
Sorry about your car. Its unfortunate that the repairs are far less than what the care is worth so they refuse to total it. I'd contact your local insurance comissioner and file a complaint. Reality is that it will be report to carfax, you will get thousands less for a trade-in because of the frame damage. I hope you didn't take it to a 3rd party repair shop. Tell your agency you want MB to repair it.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350, 2004 911
Originally Posted by clmulli
Sorry about your car. Its unfortunate that the repairs are far less than what the care is worth so they refuse to total it. I'd contact your local insurance comissioner and file a complaint. Reality is that it will be report to carfax, you will get thousands less for a trade-in because of the frame damage. I hope you didn't take it to a 3rd party repair shop. Tell your agency you want MB to repair it.
Just FYI:
Be careful on the MB repair. I found that most MB dealers in my area use local shops or a all-one shop that repairs chevys/MB's and kia's. I asked around at the local Porsche and MB meets to get body shop recommendations.

I was *very* disappointed that MB didn't perform their own body work.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:59 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Broken record

You need a lawyer, you need a lawyer, you need a lawyer, lawyer, lawyer...
Old 05-07-2012, 01:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550 coupe
Originally Posted by hoshi
Holy crap!... The at-fault person's insurance company are being CHEAP asses... they apparently did a walk around inspection and offered to repair my car for a low-ball $20k. I don't know how they came up with that number because according to my bro-in-law the hood doesn't even open in any way to allow inspection of the engine bay, the rear doors are jammed and the car was inspected in the salvage yard and not on a proper lift. What the...?

Thanks for all your support! Jerry I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss. After getting married my wife made me sell all my bikes including a modded Ducati 749s for that very reason: no matter how careful I am, there are countless others who maybe careless on the road we all have to share.
What does your insurance company say? Talk to your insurer about getting a claims adjuster to inspect the vehicle. If it isn't at a shop and is just in a tow yard, it is going to be difficult to get an accurate estimate until they start to pull panels off.
Not sure what CA law is, but here in WA, you are entitled to have it worked on at the body shop of your choice. I would have it towed to an MB approved shop (list is on the mbusa website) and have them inspect it and write up a quote. In particular, they will look for frame damage.
I think the case you need to make is that a proper repair plus the diminished value claim that you make (this is financial compensation for the fact that the repaired vehicle will never be worth as much a vehicle that had not been in a collision) will bring the total insurance claim up to a level where it will be better for the insurer to declare it a total loss.
It is definitely worth consulting with a reputable lawyer (they must be out there) in order to maximize your settlement. Be smart about it and don't abuse the system since it just puts the rates up for everyone (I say this having been the victim of someone who did abuse the system).
Goes without saying that I Am Not A Lawyer.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dsayed
What does your insurance company say? Talk to your insurer about getting a claims adjuster to inspect the vehicle. If it isn't at a shop and is just in a tow yard, it is going to be difficult to get an accurate estimate until they start to pull panels off.
Not sure what CA law is, but here in WA, you are entitled to have it worked on at the body shop of your choice. I would have it towed to an MB approved shop (list is on the mbusa website) and have them inspect it and write up a quote. In particular, they will look for frame damage.
I think the case you need to make is that a proper repair plus the diminished value claim that you make (this is financial compensation for the fact that the repaired vehicle will never be worth as much a vehicle that had not been in a collision) will bring the total insurance claim up to a level where it will be better for the insurer to declare it a total loss.
It is definitely worth consulting with a reputable lawyer (they must be out there) in order to maximize your settlement. Be smart about it and don't abuse the system since it just puts the rates up for everyone (I say this having been the victim of someone who did abuse the system).
Goes without saying that I Am Not A Lawyer
This wouldn't be abuse of system. He needs legal advice to protect his rights and his wallet.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E550 coupe
I just said "be smart about it and don't abuse the system." Obviously he should go for what he thinks is reasonable and fair. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the norm in this country because so many people want a free ride and see insurance claims as a way to do so.