E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Looking for great dent remover in OC, LA or IE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350
Looking for great dent remover in OC, LA or IE

i just got a dent on my three month old E350 and need it removed by some who can do a great job without damaging the paint. i've been extremly careful with my car and today my luck ran out at a store parking lot where one of the store's shopping carts smashed into the rear passenger side fender creating a one inch dent right over the rear wheel. i am tempted to remove the wheel well and push it out from the inside but that might cause more damage. any help locating a reliable dent remover will be greatly appriciated.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
ouch! sorry to hear that, buddy. it happened to me once on my previous bmw and the paintless dent removal company has someone at the dealer all/most of the time. they did a perfect job. so you might want to go back to your dealer and talk to your service advisor/manager. he/she can easily hook you up w/one of those companies and usually they offer a better price to customers referred by dealers. good luck.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:36 AM

2012 E350
Originally Posted by BM2BZ
ouch! sorry to hear that, buddy. it happened to me once on my previous bmw and the paintless dent removal company has someone at the dealer all/most of the time. they did a perfect job. so you might want to go back to your dealer and talk to your service advisor/manager. he/she can easily hook you up w/one of those companies and usually they offer a better price to customers referred by dealers. good luck.
thanks for the info, can you share how much it cost you to fix your beemer? i will call the dealer tomorrow cuz it really bugs me to drive around with a ding on the side of my car...
Old 05-20-2012, 01:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Originally Posted by fcienfuegos
thanks for the info, can you share how much it cost you to fix your beemer? i will call the dealer tomorrow cuz it really bugs me to drive around with a ding on the side of my car...
i didn't pay. dealer made a small ding and they took care of it. but it all depends on the size of the ding/dent and how deep it goes. with or w/o scratches. it could run you somewhere from $50 and up. but based on what you said, i'm sure it should be very quick and fairly inexpensive job. if the tech is there, he/she could even do it on site. i'll say s/b less than $150-200 .
Old 05-20-2012, 09:21 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I'd avoid the dealer as they just get one of those mobile dent repair guys who charge $30-$50 or so a dent, and charge you triple.

Do a Search for "Paintless Dent Repair' in your are and you'll see lots of hits come up. They should be able to get ride of it no problem.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:32 PM

E350 Coupe
I had some major dents in my 2003 G35 Coupe and took it to a Paintless Repair guy. They can perform miracles. I even had a sharp crease in the fender near my headlight and he totally removed it. Not one dent that he repaired shows any sign of ever being there. They are very resonable as compared to normal body repair shops. Hard to give an estimated cost. It will be based on how big the dent and how hard it is to get to. If there is a regular body shop that you.ve used or trust. Ask them...that's how I found the one I used.

Last edited by steelgrey; 05-20-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Originally Posted by K-A
I'd avoid the dealer as they just get one of those mobile dent repair guys who charge $30-$50 or so a dent, and charge you triple.

Do a Search for "Paintless Dent Repair' in your are and you'll see lots of hits come up. They should be able to get ride of it no problem.
yes, but only if the dealer is involved. what i meant is contact his service advisor and just get a phone number of that repair guy. and those repair guys normally charge a little less as for customers referred by dealers/service advisors. at least that's what i've heard. but op, like what k-a said, not hurt to do a little search and price around first. good luck .
Old 05-20-2012, 10:24 PM

12E350, 12ML350, 08C350
Originally Posted by fcienfuegos
i just got a dent on my three month old E350 and need it removed by some who can do a great job without damaging the paint. i've been extremly careful with my car and today my luck ran out at a store parking lot where one of the store's shopping carts smashed into the rear passenger side fender creating a one inch dent right over the rear wheel. i am tempted to remove the wheel well and push it out from the inside but that might cause more damage. any help locating a reliable dent remover will be greatly appriciated.
Hi there !, just 4 days ago, I go out for lunch, someone hit my passenger's fender (very close to the headlight), I found out when I get back home from lunch, park the car, head inside when I see a big dent (size of my palm). I used this guy (no relation) a few times already. Cost me $150 to made the car as normal. His name is Chuck Rice (he live somewhere in Garden Grove, CA), give him a call. I & my friend are happy with the dent removal from Chuck #888.420.DENT (he mostly serve SoCal).
Old 05-21-2012, 01:07 PM

2012 E350
Originally Posted by SoCal208
Hi there !, just 4 days ago, I go out for lunch, someone hit my passenger's fender (very close to the headlight), I found out when I get back home from lunch, park the car, head inside when I see a big dent (size of my palm). I used this guy (no relation) a few times already. Cost me $150 to made the car as normal. His name is Chuck Rice (he live somewhere in Garden Grove, CA), give him a call. I & my friend are happy with the dent removal from Chuck #888.420.DENT (he mostly serve SoCal).
Thx I will give him a call. This is exactly what I was looking for, someone who can give me a referral of someone who has done a great job for you. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:07 PM

2012 E350
Originally Posted by K-A

Thx but I am looking for a referral, I'm looking for someone that you have used in the past and that did a good job.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Dealerships have to deal with this type of minor damage all the time. I received a door ding in my rear pasenger side door. I mentioned it to my service manager, who took a look at it and told me "no problem we have a great guy that takes care of this for us". He had the guy do the work and I will say that I cannot even tell where the ding was. Check with your dealer.