Pairing Cell Phone To My Bluetec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Pairing Cell Phone To My Bluetec

Anyone else have this problem?? My Samsung Droid Charge won't consistenently pair up with my vehicle.Sometimes things will be fine,other times it will pair up for a few minutes and then the connection will be dropped and other times no pairing at all.I've seen on the phone that the car is trying to access its address book which is unnecessary 'cause I've loaded that info,independently,into the car's memory...I'm not sure if *that* might be the issue.Both the Verizon folks and the dealer just shrug their shoulders.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:36 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
No help other than to say:

My iPhone hooks within 10 seconds of starting the car, every time, without fail.

I also transferred my phone book from the iPhone to the car, and have no issue with that.

I use Pandora to stream music to the car, and that restarts itself maybe 75% of the time, the rest of the time it starts my iPod music from the iPhone and streams that for some reason.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by listerone
Anyone else have this problem?? My Samsung Droid Charge won't consistenently pair up with my vehicle.Sometimes things will be fine,other times it will pair up for a few minutes and then the connection will be dropped and other times no pairing at all.I've seen on the phone that the car is trying to access its address book which is unnecessary 'cause I've loaded that info,independently,into the car's memory...I'm not sure if *that* might be the issue.Both the Verizon folks and the dealer just shrug their shoulders.
Most likely it is a phone problem and not the car's bluetooth
Old 05-31-2012, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts
W212 FL
Switch off your phone and on or turn off your phone's bluetooth and on
I also heard of removing the battery and insert it but basically it should be same as very 1st line

I got MB's Comand reset today (for another reason) after that I paired my Nokia easily .
Old 05-31-2012, 02:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Originally Posted by mikemargolis
No help other than to say:

My iPhone hooks within 10 seconds of starting the car, every time, without fail.

I also transferred my phone book from the iPhone to the car, and have no issue with that.

I use Pandora to stream music to the car, and that restarts itself maybe 75% of the time, the rest of the time it starts my iPod music from the iPhone and streams that for some reason.
In my case iPhone starts the first sound playing app from 1) an open app or 2) the first minimized app. If none is available, then iTunes is chosen. For example, I was listening to pandora all day in my car. I stopped at home, and showed my kid a YouTube video. When I got back in the car, the video's sound started playing not pandora. If you reboot your phone and then get in your car, iTunes will start. Etc.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by BenzV12
Switch off your phone and on or turn off your phone's bluetooth and on
I also heard of removing the battery and insert it but basically it should be same as very 1st line

I got MB's Comand reset today (for another reason) after that I paired my Nokia easily .
First,I should have been more specific....the initial "pairing" isn't the problem,that went fine.I guess I should have used "connecting" instead...meaning the routine hopping into your car,with your phone,and driving off.

And what you suggested is pretty much what I do.I turn off the phone's bluetooth functionality and then turn it back on.That usually solved the problem...for the time being,that is.However,I find that process to be very annoying particularly given that it shouldn't have to be done.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts
W212 FL
Originally Posted by listerone
guess I should have used "connecting" instead...
Yup, considering your location is Connecticut lol
Well, back to your main issue, may be you need to buy phone cradles in which you insert your phone and therefore you can also access your SMS , voice messages,charging and such things
This should solve all the problems