Distronic Plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by Karl901
I used my D+ following one of my salesmen from Orlando to Tampa.
I stayed behind him the whole trip, stop and go up 80mph, I set it at 90mph.
Went through stop go rush hour traffic in Tampa and turn it off only after a idiot cut me off at the exit ramp. My advice play, test, use. But you still have to pay attention. It works!
What happened when someone cut you off? Did Distronic brake suddenly?

This is when you need a serious horn...

Old 07-08-2012, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by ttoE550
Yes, you can do up to 10 mph without a ticket; you get a ticket for 11+ mph. I have read it in many, many articles. I pass every camera in my area at +5mph. River road, Seven Locks (2 zones), Wooton Parkway, Wilson, etc. I pass the Oaklyn cameras minimum twice a day for 5 days a week during the school year. I have gotten exactly one camera ticket because I was so irritated with a beat up Corolla doing 25 mph up River Road from Piney Meetinghouse to the Village that I forgot about the camera and passed at 17 mph over. I go the same on other locations but less frequently, like Randolph, Democracy, Bells Mill. My wife is similarly apprehensive despite having seen me do it dozens of times.
Good to know. Ever driven on Connecticut Avenue in Chevy Chase? There are two cameras each direction just about 500 feet apart. I was driving the limit last night and the guy ahead was driving just a bit faster and he got "flashed" for a ticket... Too bad Distronic does not have a mode to overwhelm and jam the speed camera radars
Old 08-03-2012, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350
I waited almost three months to buy my car with the options I wanted. Distronic plus is one of them. I have to admit that although cool its takes some getting use to and mixed me up a little. I had trouble consistently keeping it on (I must have gone below 20 MPH) while driving on the highway. So at times when it was off, I was afraid I was going to forget to brake?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
What happened when someone cut you off? Did Distronic brake suddenly?

This is when you need a serious horn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMNlAbUeTuk
No, it does not brake suddenly. I was afraid of that myself. It does the very sensible thing of gradually slowing down to create the right amount of pace. It is quite remarkable actually.

Originally Posted by bigh123
I waited almost three months to buy my car with the options I wanted. Distronic plus is one of them. I have to admit that although cool its takes some getting use to and mixed me up a little. I had trouble consistently keeping it on (I must have gone below 20 MPH) while driving on the highway. So at times when it was off, I was afraid I was going to forget to brake?
I use Distronic all the time. I have had no trouble keeping it on, even below 20 mph. Especially below 20 mph because this is where it really shines. If yountouch the brake, it will shut off. You just gotta be brave and believe in Engineer that it will work! Is there a specific problem you have? Really, I nearly always use it, and if I don't already know the answer then I will in the next day or two
Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350
Originally Posted by ttoE550
No, it does not brake suddenly. I was afraid of that myself. It does the very sensible thing of gradually slowing down to create the right amount of pace. It is quite remarkable actually.

I use Distronic all the time. I have had no trouble keeping it on, even below 20 mph. Especially below 20 mph because this is where it really shines. If yountouch the brake, it will shut off. You just gotta be brave and believe in Engineer that it will work! Is there a specific problem you have? Really, I nearly always use it, and if I don't already know the answer then I will in the next day or two
You are right. I guess I gotta set it and forget once I'm on a highway.