E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

girlfriend problems..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350
Originally Posted by BenzE350
Curious - how old are you that you have a girlfriend that just got her driving permit? Is this your car or your parents?

More curious - how did she drive over the concrete barrier without destroying the front spoiler - it only has approx. 5" of clearance. Consider yourself lucky.
Im 17 about to be 18, and my girlfriend just turned 17! And the car is mine. I guess the parking stop was less then 5 inches cause the front spoiler was fine. Thanks for the input!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:12 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I'm gonna give you some advice from someone who also had a desirable car in High School (thought not THIS desirable)....

.... NEVER let the casual girls or your girlfriend of a short time who's never driven, drive your car. Firstly, the "if you let me drive your car, you might get...." insinuation is typical, but usually doesn't pan out that way. If you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it. Letting her drive your car now gives her a weapon to use against you. You draw the line from the get-go "NOBODY drives my car but me". You'll get more respect for it, and girls typically like someone who can exude some confidence.

Then, once you can trust her intentions, or at least trust her driving skills, it's up to you (I still don't let my long term girl drive my car.... but it's mainly because we both know that I'm so OCD about the car, if she does ANYTHING to it, it'll make both of our lives a b!tch ).
Old 07-09-2012, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by BenzV12
I was looking forward to seeing your input as well . You did a good advice and yet delivered very hilarious post to read

You have good points and plus I see no point of hitting the toilet altogether .Why all the girls do this lol
Another thing, we are lucky to have such a friend in here , who needs talk shows

A very valid point but Don't touch me me if you don't let me touch her thing could happen here
In other words, your car is worth more than me

For OP, I wish you have many happy driving and no more drama
glad to amuse a member or two here . but i guess i failed . you didn't get six-packs .

Originally Posted by thenewbie
haha your right, now that i think about it everytime she would get in the car in the morning, she would allways have some type of gossip ready to share, but i really dident seem to pay attention too. and you think only a couple of students were jealous? the whole school seem to be jealous and even the teachers were hating on me! can you believe that?! ROLFMAO, i remember my P.E teacher called me a ignorant ***** for driving what im driving. and the noise thing, i did as you said and asked if i could test drive one of thier cpo'd w212's and no noise on both ends, so then the adviser finally agreed to take a look at whats wrong. finally!!!!!!!!! now hopefully they can fix both noises, but i bet you they are going to come back with some lame excuse.
being a 17 yrs old and head to school with a w212, unless the entire school are princes/princesses from middle east who are in their 20th ferrari (15 more on order), i personally think it's a bit much even it's your money . but being very honest, we are nobody. just a bunch of car enthusiasts . we are not trying to give you lectures. you don't have to listen. most of us are just trying to share their experiences and hope you are good with this . the younger you are, the nicer the car you have, the more humble you need to be or you'll see some very nice "artworks" on your car at the end of your lunch break .

I was kinda actually my fault for letting her drive the first time in a busy environment, i should have showed her on a empty lot or something. Im sure rattles are normal on bad roads but you should hear the ones im having, they will drive any one sitting right in the car right about insane!! Thanks for the input!!!!
fault #1: she didn't rtfm .
fault #2: you didn't give her instructions on how to operate a machine .
fault #3: first timer drove in a busy environment, dangerous for everybody, including the people and cars around .
fault #4: she gave you her first time w/o letting her parents know . i'm talking about driving, what are you thinking ?
fault #5: worst of all, you let her touch and ride you car but she didn't let you touch and ride her ! or did she ?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
I have a question? How old is your girl friend?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Originally Posted by Karl901
I have a question? How old is your girl friend?
according to post #26, she just turned 17. i guess my glasses are clearer than yours .
Old 07-09-2012, 09:59 PM

Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
Talking

I Did not go back in time and look at previous posts.
I look at these forums to learn about MB cars, not teen girl problems.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
but you still asked the age of his gf .
Old 07-10-2012, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 610 Likes on 460 Posts
W212 FL
Originally Posted by BM2BZ
according to post #26, she just turned 17. i guess my glasses are clearer than yours .
lol You could simply say she is 17 , my friend I liek your sense of humor According to post ....
In addition to that lol above, your post@ sorry #28 (I pressed 2 instead of 3 on the keyboard lol ) has all good points
Yet hilarious and informative and leads a good way
Old 07-10-2012, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

w212 E550
Originally Posted by BenzV12
lol You could simply say she is 17 , my friend I liek your sense of humor According to post ....
In addition to that lol above, your post@ sorry #28 (I pressed 2 instead of 3 on the keyboard lol ) has all good points
Yet hilarious and informative and leads a good way
we all have enough hearing jobless rate is climbing, market falls to year low, temperature is record high, etc. sense of humor is what we all need in these days and i'm glad to hear at least one fellow member is enjoying it .
Old 07-11-2012, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
I say that if you are 17 and have enough of your own money to buy a W212 for High School Transportation, don't sweat it. Let her drive. If she wrecks it...get it fixed or get another one. It's only money, and, since money is obviously not a concern for you, it certainly is not a concern for us. Also, you promised her, so keep your promises. Now, if it is really your mommy's car, then disregard my advice.

Last edited by ImInPA; 07-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:07 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by ImInPA
I say that if you are 17 and have enough of your own money to buy a W212 for High School Transportation, don't sweat it. Let her drive. If she wrecks it...get it fixed or get another one. It's only money, and, since money is obviously not a concern for you, it certainly is not a concern for us. Also, you promised her, so keep your promises. Now, if it is really your mommy's car, then disregard my advice.
well I dident buy the car my parents did for me. So I guess this is my mom's car? even though she has her own Benz. And being a teen trust me money is a issue for me, just because I drive a Benz at 18 doesn't mean it's hard to take care of the thing. I'm not some idiot who blows money I don't have. Thanks for the input!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:13 PM

the newbie, enjoy life, work hard, drive sober!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:14 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by K-A
I'm gonna give you some advice from someone who also had a desirable car in High School (thought not THIS desirable)....

.... NEVER let the casual girls or your girlfriend of a short time who's never driven, drive your car. Firstly, the "if you let me drive your car, you might get...." insinuation is typical, but usually doesn't pan out that way. If you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it. Letting her drive your car now gives her a weapon to use against you. You draw the line from the get-go "NOBODY drives my car but me". You'll get more respect for it, and girls typically like someone who can exude some confidence.

Then, once you can trust her intentions, or at least trust her driving skills, it's up to you (I still don't let my long term girl drive my car.... but it's mainly because we both know that I'm so OCD about the car, if she does ANYTHING to it, it'll make both of our lives a b!tch ).
I told her many times no one gets to drive my car except me, but she kept begging and begging me so I caved in I told her the day she got her permit she could drive my car, I was really expecting her to fail cause she isn't the sharpest tool in the tool box. But knowing my crappy luck she passes lmao! And I'm the same way about my car too, I see one little scratch and I'm on it!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:23 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by BM2BZ
glad to amuse a member or two here . but i guess i failed . you didn't get six-packs .

being a 17 yrs old and head to school with a w212, unless the entire school are princes/princesses from middle east who are in their 20th ferrari (15 more on order), i personally think it's a bit much even it's your money . but being very honest, we are nobody. just a bunch of car enthusiasts . we are not trying to give you lectures. you don't have to listen. most of us are just trying to share their experiences and hope you are good with this . the younger you are, the nicer the car you have, the more humble you need to be or you'll see some very nice "artworks" on your car at the end of your lunch break .

fault #1: she didn't rtfm .
fault #2: you didn't give her instructions on how to operate a machine .
fault #3: first timer drove in a busy environment, dangerous for everybody, including the people and cars around .
fault #4: she gave you her first time w/o letting her parents know . i'm talking about driving, what are you thinking ?
fault #5: worst of all, you let her touch and ride you car but she didn't let you touch and ride her ! or did she ?
haha thanks for the input bro! And trust me I'm very humble in school about My car, I don't take about my car at all unless someone brings it up, even then I try to deny it lmfao! What you said about the lectures, of course I listen to you guys, my parents allways tell me to listen to my elders because they are wiser,Thats why I post on this forum, you guys give out awesome advice!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:25 PM

2011 E350
the newbie, enjoy life, work hard, drive sober!
You know it!!! Maybe expect for that drive sober part, should have seen my last night lmfao!!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:28 PM

2011 E350
Alright next time il post on holy****yourgirfrienddoesntknowhowtodrive.com lmao!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 E350, 2015 S550
You know it!!! Maybe expect for that drive sober part, should have seen my last night lmfao!!!!
Just plain scary! Glad you are on the other side of the country! No matter what you drive.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Ahh, you were doing so good until this doozy. I lost a few friends in High School due to stuff like this. If it claims you, I hope it takes only you out and spares all the other innocents who are unfortunate enough to come across someone who can act so foolishly.

I'm not one to judge those who's parents spoil them rotten, hence my not usually jumping on a bandwagon ridiculing a "kid" for having too nice a car, but a brand new Benz and driving drunk? Your parents need a reality check.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I know for a fact that at your age, you don't understand the true repercussions of those actions, or else you wouldn't do it, or at least if you did, you wouldn't be so celebratory about it.

Last edited by K-A; 07-16-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2012 SL550
Originally Posted by K-A
Ahh, you were doing so good until this doozy. I lost a few friends in High School due to stuff like this. If it claims you, I hope it takes only you out and spares all the other innocents who are unfortunate enough to come across someone who can act so foolishly.

I'm not one to judge those who's parents spoil them rotten, hence my not usually jumping on a bandwagon ridiculing a "kid" for having too nice a car, but a brand new Benz and driving drunk? Your parents need a reality check.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but I know for a fact that at your age, you don't understand the true repercussions of those actions, or else you wouldn't do it, or at least if you did, you wouldn't be so celebratory about it.
Well said!

Regards,
Don
Old 07-16-2012, 11:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
It's summer, school is out, and I already have had several close calls with what looks like children driving their parents' car around. The worst part is the arrogance these kids show while doing CLEARLY stupid things.

Bragging about how drunk he was while driving his parent's car?

Please stop egging this kid on. We all remember what it was like to be 17, right? Nothing we say will have an effect.

Let's just wait for the thread titled, "Got a DUI, car is wrecked, two dead, make that three because the parents are going to kill me too...".

Congratulations on the car. You are extremely lucky. Don't forget that it is still your parents' car and that you should treat it with as much respect as you do your "mom's benz".

If you're ever too drunk to drive, call your parents or get a ride from a sober friend. Don't ask your "less drunk than you" buddy to drive you/drive your car. Do not mistake this as weakness. By doing something many other people are unwilling to do (evident by the number of DUI arrests in this country) you are being/becoming a stronger INDIVIDUAL.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:46 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yep, I really, unapologetically abhor drunk driving. The "arrogance" thing is a good point. As if YOU'RE in the wrong for calling them idiots for acting idiotic, lol. I mean, "idiotic" isn't even the right word.... how about "murderously ignorant"?

I'm not free of doing dumb things while driving, when I was younger (I'm still young) I did probably every completely stupid and reckless thing you can do when behind the wheel. Had several VERY close calls. I learned from it and was fortunate to go on with my life. My parents never really drove the point home as to how dangerous and literal driving drunk and the like was (embarrassingly, my Dad has a drunk driving problem and has for the last 40+ years of his life, and it took a DUI which finally truly scared him to actually stop). I had to learn that from others experiences which in turn formed my life experiences. I hate when people tell others where DUI checkpoints are, it's like aiding in a violent crime.

Unfortunately, due to our ignorant state of Pop Culture raising so many of "our" kids rather than the unfit parents who crap them out "just because I want a kid", most people who haven't actually FELT THE IMPACT of drunk driving, or street racing, etc., just don't "get it". I hate to say it, but they don't know any better and that factor is the fault of many, including themselves.

To put it simply, I can only hope that those who "make the same mistakes I have" (I'm sounding a lot older than I really am with cliche lines like that, I know), can learn from them without hurting themselves or others. As always, EDUCATE YOURSELF, THINK FORWARD AND APPLY IT.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:29 AM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by mnje350
Just plain scary! Glad you are on the other side of the country! No matter what you drive.
im just kidding!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:34 AM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by K-A

i was just kidding bro! i feel bad scolding my dog, i cant imagine what would happen if i took a human life. i know what im doing i dident get straight A's in my classes for 4 years being stupid! anytime i have little kickback we allways put all our keys in a lock box and hide it and only on person knows about it and thats the person that also stays sober. im not going to lie i do drink once in a while when kicking it with friends. hope that clears everything up!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:42 AM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by dcjwlee
It's summer, school is out, and I already have had several close calls with what looks like children driving their parents' car around. The worst part is the arrogance these kids show while doing CLEARLY stupid things.

Bragging about how drunk he was while driving his parent's car?

Please stop egging this kid on. We all remember what it was like to be 17, right? Nothing we say will have an effect.

Let's just wait for the thread titled, "Got a DUI, car is wrecked, two dead, make that three because the parents are going to kill me too...".

Congratulations on the car. You are extremely lucky. Don't forget that it is still your parents' car and that you should treat it with as much respect as you do your "mom's benz".

If you're ever too drunk to drive, call your parents or get a ride from a sober friend. Don't ask your "less drunk than you" buddy to drive you/drive your car. Do not mistake this as weakness. By doing something many other people are unwilling to do (evident by the number of DUI arrests in this country) you are being/becoming a stronger INDIVIDUAL.
let me clear things up, as a teenager in high school im going to do stupid ****, no doubt about it, but go as far as drink and drive, i think i may have portried the wrong statement, i did get drunk yesterday, but by no means drove in my car, or anyones car for that matter. agian when me and my friends have these little kickbacks we all put our car keys in a lock box and only one person knows were it is, and thats also the person that stays sober. agian being a teen im going to try new things, legal or not, but trust me when i say, i will never put another persons life in danger for my stupidity!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:50 AM

2011 E350
i think i may have given the wrong statement, i did get drunk yesterday, but no means drove, it was a joke, A JOKE, i will never drive under the infuence of any SUBSTANCE. PERIOD. i apologize to anyone i offended with my comment! agian as a teen i will try new things while i can with my friends, but agian i would not drive any kind of car or any machinery. so i hope that can clear things up!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: girlfriend problems..........