E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Car Ordered...when/how can I find out about it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350 Wagon; 2009 328 xi
Car Ordered...when/how can I find out about it?

Hey y'all

A little over a month ago we ordered an E350 S212 (aka: badass black wagon or BBW for short)

I know that Wagons, even BBWs, are built intermittently by MB

That said, so far all our dealership has been able to say is that they 'project' an arrival in mid-December. But I dont know when it will be built, when it will be shipped...nothing.

I assume in this modern era, such things are possible to discover.

So....how would I be able to learn all that information?

Thx.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:04 PM

2013 E350 Wagon, prev 2005 ML 500 SE
wagon

HI,
I ordered my 2013 E350 Wagon (SSM-- silver super missle) early May and it just arrived this week in MN. My example is probably longer than normal as I passed on opportunity for 2012 Wagon build in late June, decided to wait a few weeks and get a 2013!!
Build date was Aug 9 but I got very few updates from sales assoc, just told the week it was being built and guesstimate that it would take 6 weeks after build to get here. Time is variable as it depends on what ship it catches.

If you are thinking of non-OEM tires, see my other thread. I wanted something other than Conti Pro Contact 18" that come on 95% of wagons with 18" wheel option. Many premo tires don't come in our stock OEM size so I opted for slightly taller Michelins. At my delivery this Thurs, salesman says tires are rubbing---cannot get the car.
Re-ordered a second set of tires which should be here Tues.
FYI, seems like E 17" wheels seems to come with Mich MXV4 tires which are
highly rated.

What options did you order??
Like you said, build date is variable as MB just builds low volume wagons once in awhile so it's hard to predict.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:27 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
I'd keep asking your dealer for info.....

I finally have seen a wagon in my area.....yesterday actually....think it had the hockey stick LED's but maybe I imagined that.....
first time I have ever seen one around here.......
Old 09-22-2012, 07:06 PM

2013 E350 Wagon; 2009 328 xi
Originally Posted by MinnBobber
HI,
I ordered my 2013 E350 Wagon (SSM-- silver super missle) early May and it just arrived this week in MN. My example is probably longer than normal as I passed on opportunity for 2012 Wagon build in late June, decided to wait a few weeks and get a 2013!!
Build date was Aug 9 but I got very few updates from sales assoc, just told the week it was being built and guesstimate that it would take 6 weeks after build to get here. Time is variable as it depends on what ship it catches.

If you are thinking of non-OEM tires, see my other thread. I wanted something other than Conti Pro Contact 18" that come on 95% of wagons with 18" wheel option. Many premo tires don't come in our stock OEM size so I opted for slightly taller Michelins. At my delivery this Thurs, salesman says tires are rubbing---cannot get the car.
Re-ordered a second set of tires which should be here Tues.
FYI, seems like E 17" wheels seems to come with Mich MXV4 tires which are
highly rated.

What options did you order??
Like you said, build date is variable as MB just builds low volume wagons once in awhile so it's hard to predict.
hey, yeah, you were june to september. i am expecting to be a bit longer at august to december so....i'll be patient. just wanna know when i can figure something out.

as for the car, we are in calgary so cdn options work differently from usa. basically, they package more up here so i have say 4 decisions to make not 10.

essentially we got everything available but for the active driver assistance/cruise control (took the passive stuff though) and we didnt take night vision.

but cooled seats, premium package, etc etc etc...you name it we got it.

as for wheels, we upgraded from the stocks to some 18"amg twin 5 spoke. cant remember offhand the tire size. dealer has said they arent sure which brand of rubber.....but i'll just wait and see what comes as i'm gonna get a set of winter tires and wheels so i'll swap whatever is OEM basically as soon as the car arrives.