E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Cleaning vented seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic
Cleaning vented seats

So last night on a late night drive home me and my friend randomly decided to run into the lake before getting home. This morning i came out to find the little water we had on us had dried into the seats leaving some white marks. No big deal i thought, so i just wet a paper towel and wiped it down, however as soon as that dried....the marks returned.

I'm thinking of swinging by Target or Autozone or something and getting a thing of car leather cleaner.....but im worried about the vents. With all the little holes in the leather should i be worried about excess cleaner gettin in it and messing up the insides? Are there any specific ways to clean these seats i should know?

Thanks guys
Old 10-17-2012, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Anything from Mercedes which isnt foaming. Spray onto rag not seat.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:32 PM

2013 E350 Wagon, prev 2005 ML 500 SE
leather cleaner

This is absolutely the best product:
I purchased from AutoGeek site, about $30 for 16 oz with shipping. Not sure if any local stores carry it???
.................................................. ......
A gentle, silicone-free cleanser for fine leather!

Leatherique Prestine Clean. Prestine Clean removes contaminants from the surface of the leather and leaves it with a clean, matte sheen. Leatherique Prestine Clean cleans the surface to leave your leather cleaned and conditioned without the sticky film caused by some leather products.

Leatherique Prestine Clean does not contain any harsh chemicals or silicone to dry out fine leather. Instead, it contains a conditioner that gently lifts dirt and oil out of the leather while softening it. It takes care of stains that you may have given up on. Ink, perspiration, dirt, and body oil will all disappear!
.................................................. ........

It works on leather and MB-Tex.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:34 PM

today

Today (10/18) I've got someone from the AutoGeek detailing board coming over to prep his set of winter tires and I'll be prepping my set. Wash/ paint cleanser /wax or sealant.
Depending on the weather, he's coming at 3:30 - 5:30 approx.

If you wanted to stop by then, I've got the Leatherique you could use OR
some Porsche leather cleaner, if you still need to clean your seats.

Plus, you had interest in winter rims/tires so you could see two different complete sets/ talk about options.
PM first if interested/ you have my address.
Bob
Old 10-18-2012, 01:39 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
Bob-

i work till about 4 today, then gym from about 5-6 i believe (gotta check with my friends and see if they are still going). I could swing over after that to check everything out. I Grabbed some basic leather wipes at target for $4 last night just to clean em quickly before ordering something more substantial. Would be nice to try out the leatherique before ordering em online. I'll shoot ya a PM when i know my timing tonight
Old 10-18-2012, 03:35 PM

ok

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Bob-

i work till about 4 today, then gym from about 5-6 i believe (gotta check with my friends and see if they are still going). I could swing over after that to check everything out. I Grabbed some basic leather wipes at target for $4 last night just to clean em quickly before ordering something more substantial. Would be nice to try out the leatherique before ordering em online. I'll shoot ya a PM when i know my timing tonight
Sounds good, just let me know if you're coming.
Leatherique also has another product but it's for more heavy duty cleaning so I didn't get it as mine is new/ will only ever need very moderate cleaning/ conditioning. They use it before my L Prestine Clean for deeper cleaning if needed.
bob
Old 10-18-2012, 03:52 PM

2011 E550 4Matic
Originally Posted by MinnBobber
Sounds good, just let me know if you're coming.
Leatherique also has another product but it's for more heavy duty cleaning so I didn't get it as mine is new/ will only ever need very moderate cleaning/ conditioning. They use it before my L Prestine Clean for deeper cleaning if needed.
bob
Ill give a PM or call one way or the other, looks like we are gonna be out till around 7. Yea i dont really need DEEP cleaning as much as something to quickly touch it up every so often