New Owner...great forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Slcjr777
Hello all,

I am the proud owner of a 2013 E350 P1 Sport and Wheel package...Palladium...Almond and Black interior. This is my first MB and I am pretty sure I will never own anything else. My wife just shakes her head and smiles when she passes me putting something on the car, taking pictures or just standing in the garage smiling to myself. I think I may need professional attention

I got the car about a month ago and immediately got the mod bug. I started looking for others with the same passion and found MBWorld....I have been living here ever since. What a great bunch of guys!!! Good advice and opinions. All right now that everyone's butt is sufficiently smooched. The "upgrades".

1. Morimoto Elite HD 4300K headlights from the folks at TheRetrofitSource. I used the DIY thread from the forum and the install was as advertised. A little tedious but overall pretty straight forward. Huge difference from the halogens.

2. LED parking lights and turn signals from AZN Optics. Parking light install was a piece of cake except I am having trouble matching the color of my headlights. I can't seem to find anything that matches...the search continues. The passenger side turn signal was simple...drivers side, not so much. I did manage to change it out without removing the wheel well but it was no party.

3. De-badge - no posing or ulterior motives, I just like the way it looks. I have de-badged just about every buggy in the stable and thought the W212 turned out great.

4. Tints - turned out good as well. 14% Charcoal...I am not much for the blacked out limo tint...although I have seen a few rides here that look great with it.

5. Matts - Got the MB all season matts for the winter. I don't want any snow mung on the carpets. The matts look and fit great as you would expect.

6. Star Grill - Black AMG style from the folks at 55tech. I know there are a lot of strong opinions out there about changing the grill....I really like the look, so there you go. Install was a breeze, thank you forum. I read a couple of posts and they differed in there direction. For the record...you un-clip the bottom of the grill first, and then lift up.

7. White Star flat badge - Yeah it's expensive but come on I stepped for the car and then what....I am going to put a crappy plastic emblem on the hood...umm nope. The Dude makes a quality product. IMHO and through a massive amount of searching...it is the best.

8. K&N filter - The first two things I do to new car is put a cold air kit and exhaust on it. No cold air kit made for the e350 that I could find (direct fit) so I did the filter. I like the exhaust tone as it is....maybe would like it a little deeper but I am afraid of having it sound like....how can I put this....crap. Besides every exhaust I found was outrageous....$1800 bucks for two mufflers....really? Some as high as 5k....somebody needs to stop hittin' the pipe.

9. Center caps - The stock ones are very nice but I found some that matched my wheel color that I really liked.

Next is side markers....Haven't decided if it's going to be clears with the shadow bulbs or LED's.

Oh, and just Duraglossed her. Turned out great. Used the clear coat polish and bonding agent...topped it off with the detail spray. Did the body and wheels. I am pretty sure I feel actual love for this car Sorry for the long post but I couldn't just lurk anymore and I wanted to tell you guys about my new ride...I will try to keep it short in the future. Couple of pics below.
Attachment 245635

Attachment 245636
Yea, a little disappointed about the CAI. Went to the shop and I wanted K&N and said the same thing. Only filter available for the E350. The guy at the shop said AFE has one that fits. Looking into that. Anyone have this?

Also I was looking into exhaust systems and what they have is Lorinser. Again, anyone have this on?

Thanks fellas