E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Ladies & Gents, the REAL/OFFICIAL 2014 facelift here>>>>

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4-Matic Sport
http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/gal...an-09.JPG.html

Revealed downtown. I'll probably head down there this weekend. These pics aren't that great.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:20 AM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
asdas
Originally Posted by MB-JIM
I certainly agree that it is about time to stop the arguments with KA. He needs to move to the BMW forums and quit bashing MB's. This reminds me about someone who has converted to a new religion and wants to drag everything along with him.

I didn't mean to digress by bringing up run flat tires but should have pointed out that spare tires will still be in the 2014 W212 gas models.

Little late to the party, and maybe it's beating a dead horse, but I hope this means an end to K-A waxing poetic about the F10 in this forum. I doubt the people on the bimmer forums will be as receptive to his catachresis and neurotics. The more mod-crazy bunch over there cut through the car magazine talking points like sledge hammers.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 CPO E350 sedan palladium/ash leather & black ash P2 sport pkg
Nope, I'm later. Having owned an E-Class or equivalent since my first 300TD sedan in 1986 and now owning a 2012 E350 sedan, I think the new face lift is brilliant. I'll be trading in my 2000 Audi A4 Avant Quattro for the new 2014 E-Class Sport Wagon, unless the 2015 model puts a twin turbo V6 (or, dare I hope, a diesel) under the hood. In that case, a wait of one more year will be worth it. That is, unless 2015 also brings a C-Class sport wagon back to our shores. AMG, please.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:48 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by brauhaus313

Little late to the party, and maybe it's beating a dead horse, but I hope this means an end to K-A waxing poetic about the F10 in this forum. I doubt the people on the bimmer forums will be as receptive to his catachresis and neurotics. The more mod-crazy bunch over there cut through the car magazine talking points like sledge hammers.
Actually many people in Bimmerfest are exactly like me, they have passion in their cars and aren't afraid to share it. The best part about owning a Bimmer is its "fanbase" isn't full of certain bitter old sourpusses with a clinical approach to car enthusiasm. Not to mention, I bought my car from the owner of Bimmerfest.

Of course there are MANY great Members here, but unfortunately lots of people here make it seem as if they're so bored with their cars they get annoyed by those who aren't. Unless of course it's a "wheels" or "Star Grille", or "Lowering" thread.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 125 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
There is no doubt that BMW owners are more passionate about their cars than MB owners. Generally speaking they are younger and are really into the specs of every model. They read the owner's manual from cover to cover and are well indoctrinated in every aspect of the car. The BMW site is much more active than this one. Most of them probably subscribe to car magazines. They are not crazy, just different.

There is something to be said about their slogan "it's a driver's car".

MB would do well to instill this same passion, in young drivers, for their entry level cars. Get them when they are young, treat them well and you will have them for life.

If MB doesn't do it soon, they will be sucking a hind teat in the future.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:43 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by petee1997
There is no doubt that BMW owners are more passionate about their cars than MB owners. Generally speaking they are younger and are really into the specs of every model. They read the owner's manual from cover to cover and are well indoctrinated in every aspect of the car. The BMW site is much more active than this one. Most of them probably subscribe to car magazines. They are not crazy, just different.

There is something to be said about their slogan "it's a driver's car".

MB would do well to instill this same passion, in young drivers, for their entry level cars. Get them when they are young, treat them well and you will have them for life.

If MB doesn't do it soon, they will be sucking a hind teat in the future.
Agreed. I've said it here many times before, that I would fit more in with the "Bimmer Forum" crowd. People there aren't afraid to wax poetic about their rides, that's what they go to Forums for! They get involved in the history, the nuances, are extremely helpful toward each other, etc.

Here, you have some GREAT members, but then a bunch who staunchly try and preserve the "Car Enthusiasts Don't Buy Mercedes" schtick by clinically and sourly expressing disdain toward certain active Members who's intent to go to CAR FORUMS is to indulge in their escape from the world: CARS, and if they're so fortunate: THEIR OWN CAR!
Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Wig

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
W213, C238
I think this forum will be a poorer place without K-A.

His enthusiasm for cars is infectious, and there is no malice or unpleasantness in his posts. Some of his detractors have been rather unpleasant of late, and there is no place for feuding or insults on this forum.

K-A. Good luck with the F10, and maybe we'll see you with a W213 when you tire of your unreliable Bimmer.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
asdas
It's not an indictment of BMW owners from me. Wax poetic all you like....over there. It's a comment on how irritating you are and how you've gotten away with it here, but probably won't elsewhere. I know plenty of BMW owners who are real enthusiasts. The "bimmer crowd" isn't full of high strung, neurotic, and self-important blowhards like you. Good luck fitting in.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
Sheesh!!!...most of this thread belongs in the "WTF..." thread. Why does it matter who owns what or waxes eloquently over whatever? IMHO, it should not matter at all. K-A, hang out if you feel like it. I for one am looking forward to hearing your experiences with the F10. I have two co-workers that have F10's. One loves his. The other seems to have lots of little problems. I am looking forward to the arrival of the diesel 4Matic E, hopefully next year. Don't let anyone quash your enthusiasm.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by Wig

His enthusiasm for cars is infectious, and there is no malice or unpleasantness in his posts. Some of his detractors have been rather unpleasant of late, and there is no place for feuding or insults on this forum.

K-A. Good luck with the F10, and maybe we'll see you with a W213 when you tire of your unreliable Bimmer.
Originally Posted by ImInPA
Sheesh!!!...most of this thread belongs in the "WTF..." thread. Why does it matter who owns what or waxes eloquently over whatever? IMHO, it should not matter at all. K-A, hang out if you feel like it. I for one am looking forward to hearing your experiences with the F10. I have two co-workers that have F10's. One loves his. The other seems to have lots of little problems. I am looking forward to the arrival of the diesel 4Matic E, hopefully next year. Don't let anyone quash your enthusiasm.
QFT.

KA, while he has his "quirks" we all have some. I can tell he likes to make smart, thought out choices which I can respect. Another thing, he can admit to good and bad points of a subject/object, and discuss it. He is passionate, sometimes overbearing..but hell several on this forum are not innocent of that.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Wig

Originally Posted by ImInPA
Originally Posted by bigben320e
QFT.

KA, while he has his "quirks" we all have some. I can tell he likes to make smart, thought out choices which I can respect. Another thing, he can admit to good and bad points of a subject/object, and discuss it. He is passionate, sometimes overbearing..but hell several on this forum are not innocent of that.
I appreciate it fellas. There are a lot of bitter people here lately who seem like they're having bad months and using this as a vehicle to vent their frustration.... or something.

There are great guys here like yourselves as well, who are why I will continue to be active here.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 CLS250 CDI
First impressions just glad I bought a CLS and did not wait. Pictures can be deceiving though.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 CLS550 4Matic; 2010 E550, 2007 SL550
I'll say it, the 2014 looks like a Camry from the outside, or a Hyundai.
My wife and are are looks at a CPO 2012, and that photo just reinforces that choice.

The interior is beautiful, but not significantly different from the 2012/2013 (not that it's a bad thing, the 2012/2013 is already top-notch).