Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2020 | 11:55 AM

W212(2011) E250CDI Blueficiency Break Avantgarde
Originally Posted by Arrie
Obrigado Carlos.
Hy again Arrie.
You're welcome.
Are you Portuguese, understand it or you've just translated your thanks to Portuguese.
Old 03-16-2020 | 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by Carlos Alves
Hy again Arrie.
You're welcome.
Are you Portuguese, understand it or you've just translated your thanks to Portuguese.
No, I’m not Portuguese but have visited the country many times in the past. Absolutely love this country for very friendly people and clean everything. And I’m a Sporting fan...
The following users liked this post:
Carlos Alves (03-16-2020)
Old 03-16-2020 | 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Arrie
No, I’m not Portuguese but have visited the country many times in the past. Absolutely love this country for very friendly people and clean everything. And I’m a Sporting fan...
All wright Arrie.

I'm also a Sporting fan (not fanatic) as my father was also.

We use too say that green is the colour of hope as sometimes the victorys seem they don't want nothing with us.

I'm glad you like so much my country.
I think it is on our blood, the wish we have to help foreigners and local turists to find the best places to visit, our habits, our traditional food in short our way of life.
Thanks God we are still able to do it naturally.
And I'm proud of us Portuguese people as it is very much important that we are still able to make you fill almost as if you belong to our family.
I hope you'll return as soon as this terrible Covid-19 pandemic allows.
Our sun, our blue sky, our beaches, our pools, our hotels, our villas, our golf courts, our food, and so many other good things are waiting for you.

I'm also retained at home because of my Lynphoma desease while I'm on treatments as I'm in a great risk because my immune system is very weak due to chemotherapy.
It has been very hard but I am very optimistic and I think I will be cured hopefully soon.

Bye Arrie I wish you everything good as well as to your family and most important good health for you all.

P.S. Where have you been here in Portugal?
fred9x (03-28-2020)
Old 03-16-2020 | 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by Carlos Alves
All wright Arrie.

I'm also a Sporting fan (not fanatic) as my father was also.

We use too say that green is the colour of hope as sometimes the victorys seem they don't want nothing with us.

I'm glad you like so much my country.
I think it is on our blood, the wish we have to help foreigners and local turists to find the best places to visit, our habits, our traditional food in short our way of life.
Thanks God we are still able to do it naturally.
And I'm proud of us Portuguese people as it is very much important that we are still able to make you fill almost as if you belong to our family.
I hope you'll return as soon as this terrible Covid-19 pandemic allows.
Our sun, our blue sky, our beaches, our pools, our hotels, our villas, our golf courts, our food, and so many other good things are waiting for you.

I'm also retained at home because of my Lynphoma desease while I'm on treatments as I'm in a great risk because my immune system is very weak due to chemotherapy.
It has been very hard but I am very optimistic and I think I will be cured hopefully soon.

Bye Arrie I wish you everything good as well as to your family and most important good health for you all.

P.S. Where have you been here in Portugal?
I visited Setubal, and Figueira da Foz for work but most time I spent in Lisbon when visiting Setubal. My hotel was close to the new development area where you have nice restaurants at the shore line with aquarium and even a Swiss made ski lift. That new high rise hotel just opened before my last visit so it has been awhile...I really liked the Irish bar in there. Real Guinness, you know, but they also sell Super Bock like everyone else do...

Well, this is a bit out of topic now...
Carlos Alves (03-21-2020)
Old 03-20-2020 | 06:23 PM

W212 Leds kits and Portugal beautiful places

Hy Arrie.

As we both have a W212 Mercedes-Benz and sometimes we keep talking about it despite we also talk about our lives I think it can be considered on the topic.

Yet about our W212 I'm going to try to replace all the interior incandescent bulbs (4 n the doors, 4 near the foot places, 2 on the front center roof, 2 on the front toillete mirrors, 3 on the rear roof, 2 on the Estate back pillars and another 2 on the Estate trunk door, as well as both on rear licence plate) for Leds.
I've seen these two interesting kits, and very cheap I think, on the Chinese AliExpress site as you can see below:

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/19154...3be72e0encUNEe

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/33042...3be72e0encUNEe

Despite one guy on my M.B. dealer told me a few years ago that someone's W212 had started to display errors because of that replacement I'm going to buy it and try each bulb at a time then I'll see what hapens.

No about my homeland and your stay:

You have been hosted on the "Parque das Naçőes" the place where was the Lisbon Galp Petrol plant, gas and fuel tanks and lots of containers that were replaced to create the international world exposition called "Expo 1998" with the theme "The oceans a heritage for the future" in Lisbon (the city where I Was born).
The acquarium is one of the biggest in the world and it is called "Oceanário".
https://www.oceanario.pt/en
On this link you can see more details about what was it like 20 years ago, the before and the after:
https://nit.pt/out-of-town/back-in-t...s-da-exposicao

You have also been on Setubal.
One of the great Portuguese places where you can get a magnificent fresh fish or seafood meal that you'll never forget in your lifetime.
That's what many international great chefs still saying "Portugal is one of the few places in the world with the best fresh fish and seafood".

Here you can see the great Gourmet Festival that used to take place from 2007 to 2013 on the Algarve "Vila Joya" restaurant with the great chef Dieter Koschina and many other Michelin Star international chefs where they often elogiate the Portuguese sea natural products:
http://www.festival.vilajoya.com/en/home/

Figueira da Foz has the mouth of the Mondego river, is near the 3rd biggest Portuguese city of Coimbra, has those long gold sanded and blue sea beautiful beaches, also good fish, many religious monuments and museums.

I'm sorry if I've have been borrowed with my proud for my country.
I hope you'll be back as soon as you can.
I'm shore you won't regret.
Best regards with health for you all.

Old 03-21-2020 | 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
When replacing older bulbs with LEDs, the cabin and trunk bulbs are not part of warning system, so they will not trigger dash warning, but some reports say that low-current LED can glow with computerized light control.
Now for all outside bulbs, including licence plate you have to buy "no error" bulbs. I had them on front of my older models and they work well. Changed the yellowish marker light next to white headlights to all white.
Old 03-28-2020 | 05:27 PM

Thanks kajtec1.
I've just ordered from AliExpress a 25 Leds kit to my W212 Estate.
They ahave as they say the following features:Features:
  • 100% Canbus Error Free
  • High quality,Super bright
  • Easy to install, Play and Plug
  • Save your power supply
  • Perfect heat resistance design
  • Color: Xenon white / Cold white ( cold white has a little blue)
  • Long lifetime reaching up to 50,000 hours
  • Notes: If bulbs don't work, please rotate 180 degree to get them working.
They also have it to the W212 Sedan as well as other modelsas they indicate:E-class W210 W211 W212 S210 S211 S212 (1995-2015)
The price seems to me pretty low and the reviews look good.
You can see it on this link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1915...413bb90aGQipgt

Best regards to you to your family as well as to your friends.
Be good and protect yourselves very hard from the Coronavirus.
PLEASE STAY HOME!
Old 04-28-2020 | 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 GL550 4matic
Originally Posted by jonUF02
My current battery in my W212 E550 is 2.5 years old Advance Auto parts Gold battery with 3 year replacement warranty. I would not be surprised if it dies after the next 6 or 7 months, just past the warranty. No problems so far. I drive daily only about 10-15 miles at lower city speeds. I have gone on 3 weeks vacation though without any issue last summer. This was purchased Sept 2017 to replace the original (to my knowledge) MB battery, the car is a 2012 model, so 5 years, not a bad run.

Hey guys, just an update to the above post, today my battery barely started the car, I noticed a bit of weak cranking the last couple of weeks. Took my battery back to Advance Auto Parts and got a brend new one completely free under the 3yr guarantee! Lucky me it failed just a few months before the warranty ended and not a few months after!

Before I took out the battery I hooked up my battery tender to the jumper posts under the hood, in front of the battery. I don't know if it is necessary given there is an auxiliary battery, but I didn't lose any settings I can tell while the battery was out for maybe an hour. Pic attached.

Old 04-28-2020 | 12:18 PM

2016 E350 Sedan SPort
My original battery still OK from 2012
Old 04-28-2020 | 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by jonUF02
Hey guys, just an update to the above post, today my battery barely started the car, I noticed a bit of weak cranking the last couple of weeks. Took my battery back to Advance Auto Parts and got a brend new one completely free under the 3yr guarantee! Lucky me it failed just a few months before the warranty ended and not a few months after!

Before I took out the battery I hooked up my battery tender to the jumper posts under the hood, in front of the battery. I don't know if it is necessary given there is an auxiliary battery, but I didn't lose any settings I can tell while the battery was out for maybe an hour. Pic attached.

Hy jonUF02.
My W212 has been stopped in my garden for about a month because of this unfortunate pandemic.
I had to remove the Tudor battery that I bought in June 2017, with a 2-year warranty, because it was low, for the agent to test it properly and confirm if it was defective.
They loaded it up and then did the necessary tests.
The result was encouraging because it accepted the load normally and did not present any defect.
Thankfully because as they had already been around 7 months of their warranty expiration they could possibly consider deducting only a part of its value.
Meanwhile, the car was running on the original Mercedes battery, which despite having accepted some charge was clearly deficient and after this prolonged stop it was even completely discharged.
I had already realized that during stops the vehicle is discharging battery energy.
The alarm must also be contributing to the increase in that discharge.
Before reconnecting the Tudor battery, I will insert an ammeter between the negative terminal and the respective cable to determine the instantaneous consumption to which it is subjected and then try to find out through the fuses which is the electrical equipment that causes that discharge.
Then I'll say something.
Greetings to all the owners, fans and admirers of these beautiful machines that display some stars.