E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Rear Seat Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML250 Bluetec, 2014 GLK350
Rear Seat Removal

Something stupid has rolled from the trunk into the back of rear seat area (possibly under the seat) and its driving me nuts every time I make a turn. It emits this annoying noise as it appears that it rolls over bare metal. I tried to remove the lower rear seat cushion by giving it a good pull up but it would not bulge. Anyone tried this before?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Mercedes E350 CD Iridium silver convertible 2010
They are normally held by two bolts at the front of the seat and once removed come out quite easily!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 PM

Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts
2021 Mojave Silver E450, BRG Jaguar F-pace S, 2011 335d (RIP), 2010 E350 (sold)
Originally Posted by MA-E320
Something stupid has rolled from the trunk into the back of rear seat area (possibly under the seat) and its driving me nuts every time I make a turn. It emits this annoying noise as it appears that it rolls over bare metal. I tried to remove the lower rear seat cushion by giving it a good pull up but it would not bulge. Anyone tried this before?
Do you have split-folding rear seats? If so try unlatching them and pushing one forward half way, I believe you can reach a hand down between the back of the seat and the bottom of the trunk on either edge - you'll probably need to get in the trunk to do this. Whatever is in there is probably to the far right or far left (I think that there is a fabric connecting the seat back to the trunk floor so that will limit you to the edges) and you may be able to grab it.

If whatever it is is loose, you might want to take it for a drive and turn sharply to try to get it to move to the opposite side before you try this.

NOTE: I did this on a previous car, not an E class so it may not be possible to get your hand in on this one.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
E550
Originally Posted by MA-E320
Something stupid has rolled from the trunk into the back of rear seat area (possibly under the seat) and its driving me nuts every time I make a turn. It emits this annoying noise as it appears that it rolls over bare metal.
HEH! HEH! We are all wondering, what "stupid" thing was it???
Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Live Oak
HEH! HEH! We are all wondering, what "stupid" thing was it???
Hehehe, what "smart" thing would find itself in that place . Anyhow, I tried to put my hand through but could not find anything. Also, I tried to suck out whatever's there with the thin end of my shop vacuum cleaner with no result.

Well, I tried and I failed. Booked an appointment with the local stealership so they can find out what's there, as well as fix my dash rattles/creaks/snaps that are driving me insane. Funny they were aware of the dash creaks and rattles and apparently there is a TSB on that.

They can have fun with it all as it is easily reproducible and still under warranty!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by theraven333
They are normally held by two bolts at the front of the seat and once removed come out quite easily!!!!
Thanks! Would you know how to remove those bolts? I looked and I cannot see anything. Also, I think the cushion is bolted to the chassis on the rear end as well. I'm taking it in anyhow.