Audio problems after COMAND update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Audio problems after COMAND update

Think otheres have had similar problems, but would like to know if anyone had it fixed.
Couple of months ago, I had the COMAND updated and wiring harness replaced in my 2010 "E" with a Nov. 2009 build date. Had a couple of instances where no sound from audio, but then it didn't re-occur.
Yesterday, it happened again. Started car with Music Register on and used button on dash to go back to beginning of song. Sound went away. Tried mute button and that was not it. Tried changing to CD player, radio with different stations and different folders in Music Register. No sound from anything. No response to volume control. Used button on dash to turn COMAND off and back on. Sound came on then.
Anybody had this problem after getting an update? Anyone know what problem may be? Will take to dealer, but not sure what they will do if playing OK when take it in.
BTW, do not use Blue Tooth streaming, so I cannot check that.
Thanks,
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 131 Posts
Too many german broads
Had the same issue when having it updated for bluetooth streaming, show them this bulletin and it should fix it , I have not had the problem since.

"LI82.85-P-054716_Ver.2 FOUND RADIO INOP AT TIMES. BULLETIN FOUND FOR RADIO INOP. PERFORMED INSTRUCTIONS PER BULLETIN, BACKDATED SDAR CONTROL UNIT SOFTWARE TO MAKE OPERATIONAL WITH CONTROL UNIT."
Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 E450 Wagon
Same thing happened to our 2010 after we had an update late last year when the car went it for other warranty work. At times when you turn the car on you get a message that says " device not available" or something like that. After a few minutes the sound comes on and it starts behaving. By now your dealer should have an update for the update. Our discs came with our SDS update a week or so ago. Just too busy this time of year to bring in the wife's car in to the shop.
All it takes is a screw up with one line of code.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Thanks, very much appreciate your help.