E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Interior Trim issue/warranty question

Old 03-05-2013, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550
Interior Trim issue/warranty question

Recently picked up a CPO 2010 E550 and noticed a small issue with the center console "flap" on the drivers side after taking the car home. It's small, but it's more than enough to make bug me and make this thread. Anyway, the adhesive seems to be failing and the leather is separating from the padding right where the cover contours toward the center in the front. Would be hard to get a picture of it, but you can clearly see it's there. Also, that same "flap" has some bad hinge action, squeaking when opening and getting stuck about half way open. Does it work? Yes. However, I still have some factory warranty left and was curious as to whether this would be covered, was it common, and is it worth getting fixed?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E350 4Matic Sport
I got my CPO about a year ago and had the dealer I bought it from replace all the wood trim in the vehicle. The work had to be approved by the service manager because the service representatives only wanted to replace trim that was visually discolored and not everything. I also had them address a popping noice my pano was making and also some annoying rattles from the pano sunshade and roof liner. I had the car in at least 10 times (pretty much every week) until they finally resolved everything. Get everything you believe is wrong with the car looked at while you still have warranty. There is a service sticky on the top of the forum that you should read from the start and copy everything that might affect you to a word document or similar and then present it to your service department.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,411 Likes on 3,144 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by RyanRice
I still have some factory warranty left and was curious as to whether this would be covered, was it common, and is it worth getting fixed?
Yes, not that I am aware of, and yes.If they question your concern have them compare it to a comparable vehicle.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550
Thanks! I'm going to try and drop it by next week to get it taken care of. Better make it perfect while I can...
Old 03-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes E350 Luxury
If it bugs you and you have warranty left it doesn't hurt to ask. They may make a fuss about certain things but you can persist to some extent.
I've got things like buzzing speakers replaced in the past where the problem was so faint everyone including the dealer and my wife was certain that the buzzing was only in my head - but replacing it solved the problem.
Good luck!