E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New to Benz: Help me lower my E550 Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212
New to Benz: Help me lower my E550 Sedan

I am new to the world of MB and I want to lower a 2010 E550 and I don't know where to go about since there seems to be many options. I am not very familiar with air suspensions. What I have found out so far is:

Linkage: It fools the air suspension's computer. Not sure how it really works after reading a couple of sites.

Module: Heard there was a failure rate to this.

Springs: May affect the ride quality.

Can anyone chime in one what's the most efficient way of lowering the vehicle and pricing?

The car currently has a staggered setup with 20'' Vossen wheels.

Thanks in advance.....
Old 04-19-2013, 11:25 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
I have a renntech lowering module and love it. I can lower through my laptop to any setting and also set my speed for when I want the car to raise back to stock, for highway/high speed driving. Very easy to install and havn't had any problems with the unit at all. You can't do springs because you have air ride, so its either links or module. Links are very simple and cheap to do but you will not have any adjustment unless you actually pull them off and leghten or shorten them manually each corner. Module is a little more money but well worth it. Can adjust on your laptop all corners seperataley, highly recommend the Renntech V3.... Good luck.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:19 PM

W212
Originally Posted by RobbieRob
I have a renntech lowering module and love it. I can lower through my laptop to any setting and also set my speed for when I want the car to raise back to stock, for highway/high speed driving. Very easy to install and havn't had any problems with the unit at all. You can't do springs because you have air ride, so its either links or module. Links are very simple and cheap to do but you will not have any adjustment unless you actually pull them off and leghten or shorten them manually each corner. Module is a little more money but well worth it. Can adjust on your laptop all corners seperataley, highly recommend the Renntech V3.... Good luck.
Thanks....

If I decide to go the linkage-route, would I still be able to use the air ride features? Like the settings "-8 to +8" from the steering wheel?

I would assume the linkage doesn't cause the lowering to be fixed right?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Your options are Link, STAR, Module, and washers.
From cheapest option to most expensive its STAR (depends on your dealer), washers, links, then module.
Modules offer the most flexibility, I have the LoMo M1 and its pretty good.
p.s. Please dont go the washer route, it works but its just too ghetto for a W212. IMO
Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
I've got the same Renntech V3 Lowering Module as RobbieRob and must say it is the way to go. You can lower it as you like and raise it accordingly. Worth the money, IMHO.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:32 PM

W212
I got the Lowering Module V2 for the car. I know most people would install the Version 3 but at Lowering Module they say the difference are the pins.

Anyone have their car lowered using a Version 2 module?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550
Originally Posted by RobbieRob
Yup. I agree with RobbieRob. I have links though. Their nice and inexpensive compared to the module. I like the fact that you can adjust on the fly and each corner individually. I having issues with mine links again, where my right is back lower then my left side. No matter what i do now. I did a reset on my ECU and it leveled out. Now i can't do it anymore. A lot of times I wanted to lower my car even more but that would mean i would have to prop it up and adjust it manually. PITA.