2014: What Happened To THe Nightvision?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Originally Posted by DavidNJ
It remains to be seen of the dynamic spotlight makes it the US. It seems to be part of the new S-class.

On the BMW side if you order it you get a package of the same night vision that comes to the US (6UK), the LED lights (552) and the Automatic High Beams (5AC). Ditto with the headlights. I think we won't know until the cars are delivered.

On the dynamic spot light, we already have moving headlights with curve following Adaptive Lights both Adaptive High Beams. And we have corning lights that are triggered on movement. MB also has an infrared light.

My guess is it will show up on one of them. Night Vision has been expensive (although less so at MB than at BMW or Audi) with a low take rate. Maybe the new version was just too much to retrofit to the E-class. Maybe the new E-class is moved up to a 2016, only 2 years away, and it wasn't worth the cost.
The facelifted CL already has this feature. I asked my neighbor about it and confirmed it. The CL already has the dynamic spot light in the U.S.