Retrofit Split Folding Rear Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,752 Likes on 1,122 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Cruiser350
Hi, I am new to this site and not sure this is the right place for my question, but closest I can get. My 2013 E350 is supposed to have split folding rear seats (per the original receipt) but I can’t figure out how to fold them down. Sorry, I know this is a stupid question but I have been messing around with it and just can’t figure it out. I have had the car for a couple years, but just now trying to fit a carpet into it. There are tie-downs in the trunk, and a ski pass-through, but the rear seat on the right looks like it’s supposed to go down and I can’t find a latch. Thank you for your advice.
The seat back latches are inside the trunk, just below the rear glass.
The following 2 users liked this post by DFWdude:
CaliBenzDriver (01-18-2022), pierrejoliat (01-19-2022)
Old 01-18-2022, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Thanks so much.... that was easy... it was right there in front of me. Thank you!!
Old 02-13-2022, 05:19 PM

E220 w212
Rear folding seats mechanism I need support pls

Originally Posted by Nuru
Well, I completed 90% my retrofit of the rear folding seats. All I have left to do is to connect my 6 wire harness to the 2 4 wire harnesses on the folding rear backrests. I have the rear deck shelf to install, but I may wait on that, not a real issue unless/until, I trade the car in (on a 2013 E550 in a few years)

I removed:
the non-folding backrest
the locking mechanisms for the backrest

I installed:
folding seat retractable locking mechanisms with cables and handles
Split-Folding rear backrest
(Reinstalled) my rear bench seat pad

Researching the wiring harnesses, trying to find out if they are simply wiring for lowering the headrests? Does anyone know?

I have included a few pics attached
1 rear bench seat removed for later re-installation
2 stock seat backrest locking mechanisms
3 Retractable locking mechanisms installed
4 Folding seats in standard position
5 Folded view of one seat
6 non-folding seat wiring harness (Left) and split-folding seat harness on right (anyone have the wiring diagram for these connectors or know where to find them in WIS?)
hi I recently purchased the foldable back seats for my e220 w212, can you please share more details with the locking mechanisms and the boot release handle that you purchased, do they have a serial number so I can find them, I been searching for a long time with no success, will be a huge help, thank you.
Old 02-21-2022, 07:27 PM

E220 w212
Originally Posted by Nuru
Not a problem, I just have to get around to wiring it up.
did you managed with the wiring?
Old 07-18-2023, 07:17 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
W212 E350 CDI Sport
Hi @Nuru - bumping this helpful thread!

Yesterday I managed to get split folding seats which match my W212 (sport, black leather with white stitching). I wanted almost 4 years to find this on ebay, and it was a steal, and local too! They've cleaned up nicely.

My question is regarding the wiring. I don't have a harness with the new seats, but I can see both parts of the 40/60 rear has has a two pin connector. Is there any issue with simply not connecting these? Is it just for the rear head rests to drop? Because Ive never used that feature and I'm happy to lose it for the time being. I thought the seat belt confirmation thing was built into the belt buckle.

I also don't have *full* electric seats in my car, the forward and backwards sliding is manual so I wouldn't be able to hook up the 'automatically slide chair forward' feature anyway.

If you don't connect this stuff up, does it give an error on the dash?

Finally - what's the situation with the rear deck... did anybody remove the seat belt from the 'standard' rear deck... or even just leave it there? Finding one without the belt in it is proving difficult in the UK. I already waited almost 4 years for these seats on ebay!

P.S. - the middle headrest doesn't move on the split folding, is that normal? I can't even remove it!

Thanks for any advice you can give!
Old 07-18-2023, 07:28 AM

W212 E350 CDI Sport
OP hasn't been on here for a year so hoping that someone else might have this knowledge!
Old 07-27-2023, 01:10 PM

W212 E350 CDI Sport
Does anybody know if the bolts to secure the split folding seats are something that is required to purchase separately? The OP didn't mention it.