Satellite Radio not showing anymore

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes e350 2010
Lightbulb Satellite Radio not showing anymore

Hi everyone,

Here is my problem. Initially I had a comand system that did not have navigation, as a result I purchased another one having navigation but the cd player was not working. So what I decided to do is to take the hard drive below the 2nd comand (with cd player broken) and insert in my first one (that came with the car). I turned it on and everything worked perfectly except that my satellite radio option in Audio was no longer present. I tried playing with options in the Engineering mode but nothing happened and I know I have Satellite radio because I used to listen to it before. Would anyone know what to do or what option in Engineering mode to enable. I have an E350 2010.

Regards
Old 06-22-2013, 05:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
Welcome.

If nothing else has worked, I would try contacting the satellite provider for assistance.

Perhaps the changes you made to the Comand system also changed the satellite identifiers required for their system to detect yours. I don't know if that would prevent your seeing the satellite function completely, as you are experiencing, but if no one else has a better idea, it's worth a try.

Maybe they need new identifier numbers from you or perhaps if they simply do the hookup process again it may cure the problem. Hope so, anyway.

Even if the problem is with your new system and not on their end, it would be interesting to know if they can detect it.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 XC60 PHEV, 2023 XC40 BEV
+1 I would also check with Sirius, as MB Comand units have separate ID numbers for satellite audio vs. traffic service. Maybe they can reprogram the ID number in and get your audio working again.