E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Roof leaking from antenna - service centre unhelpful with inappropriate fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E250
Roof leaking from antenna - service centre unhelpful with inappropriate fix

Hey there - I'm posting on behalf of my dad.

He owns a W212 E250 that's just 5 months old; recently he discovered that the roof was leaking. He took it back to the service centre and they traced the leaking to a bad seal in the antenna or something.

They then proceeded to try and fix it by prying the antenna open, jamming a piece of rubber in and cutting the excess off.

Roof leaking from antenna - service centre unhelpful with inappropriate fix-l46hfpd.jpg
Roof leaking from antenna - service centre unhelpful with inappropriate fix-wrjyyql.jpg

Mind you, this is the "official service centre" of the only authorised MB dealer in Singapore, Cycle & Carriage, not some shady workshop.

Now, my dad is pissed; this doesn't seem like the proper way to fix it. Are there any MB techs here who can comment? How should the leak been dealt with? He believes (and I agree with him) that the entire antenna should have been removed and the seals replaced.

Should we straight up file a complaint with MB headquarters? How can we do so? My dad has complained to the dealer but they have not been responsive.

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this!

Last edited by rfnv; 09-02-2013 at 07:01 AM.