Help! Annoying rattles!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 105 Posts
2020 X7 xDrive40i, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
Help! Annoying rattles!

So its' been almost 6 months since I took delivery of my 2013 E350 wagon.
It's been great over the last 3300 miles. With the weather starting to get cooler (i.e. 40's and 50's here), I've noticed 4 rattles in the car that are driving me mad. One of which I found a solution for, the other 3 I'm asking for help.

1) Drivers door or B piller area. When closing the door or sometimes over rough roads, a rattle that sounds like its either coming from the window frame or b piller. Right by the drivers left ear near the roof. Hitting all the panels in that area doesn't cause the rattle, so I haven't been able to identify the exact location.

2) Driver seat bottom creeks on the left thigh area over rough roads or if you just move around in the seat.

3) Metallic rattle/cling noise from rear of car. Spent an hour in the rear last night and finally isolated it to the removable cargo cover latch on the passenger side of vehicle. (this is the roll up/away cargo cover in the back of the wagon). I can get it to make a squeaking noise just by lightly pushing/pulling on it. Couldn't get it to make the clink sound but its close enough.

4) After engine warms up, if you shut it off, then restart after 30 or 40 minutes, it makes a loud rattle for 3 to 5 seconds. (I know there is a fix for this issue LI05.10-P-056435, will have the dealer do this next time I bring it in for service)

Anyone else experience these noises and found a fix? Before you say take it to the dealer, after owning 20+ new vehicles in the last 23 years and making countless trips to various dealers for various noises, not once has any dealer ever been able to reproduce or fix a noise. So I do not have any faith in any dealership finding/fixing rattles. Rattles are the biggest thing that bother me in a car.

Thanks