Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 11:07 PM
tk9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 Sport
wind noise...

went to dealer complaining about:

when opening the drivers window a quarter of the way and then trying to close it, there is a hesitation and the window stops momentarily... very annoying

they fixed it by putting in brand new windows (driver and passenger) and "recoding" the window motor

now, not only is the problem still present but i get wind noise on the highway when driving faster than 60!!

never had an issue before... this particular dealership never ever really fixes anything, they just keep trying with no permanent solution

my warranty expires in 4 days...

please help!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 658 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by tk9
went to dealer complaining about:

when opening the drivers window a quarter of the way and then trying to close it, there is a hesitation and the window stops momentarily... very annoying

they fixed it by putting in brand new windows (driver and passenger) and "recoding" the window motor

now, not only is the problem still present but i get wind noise on the highway when driving faster than 60!!

never had an issue before... this particular dealership never ever really fixes anything, they just keep trying with no permanent solution

my warranty expires in 4 days...

please help!
First thing for you to do is to go and get the MB extended warranty before your warranty runs over.

Secondly, you need to go to the dealer and complain about the new problem. It seems the new glass is overly too thin and now you get wind noise from the gap between glass and the seals. This also means water will get inside the door and you know what that does to the internal parts of it...
Old 12-30-2013, 11:57 PM
tk9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Arrie
First thing for you to do is to go and get the MB extended warranty before your warranty runs over.

Secondly, you need to go to the dealer and complain about the new problem. It seems the new glass is overly too thin and now you get wind noise from the gap between glass and the seals. This also means water will get inside the door and you know what that does to the internal parts of it...
I purchased the vehicle back in April from an "unauthorized" MB dealership, so I do not have the option to extend

We just had a lot of rain so that cannot be good...
Old 12-31-2013, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 930 Likes on 658 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by tk9
I purchased the vehicle back in April from an "unauthorized" MB dealership, so I do not have the option to extend

We just had a lot of rain so that cannot be good...
Why can't you extend the warranty? I don't think it needs to be a CPO car to get it started.

CPO simply means Certified Pre-Owned. It really has nothing to do with the extended warranty other than Mercedes started to "give" one extra year up to 100000 total vehicle mileage to make people feel easier to buy a used MB vehicle. Just telling the audience we did this 1000-point inspection will not get anyone convinced to buy one.

In my understanding anybody can buy a BM extended warranty if it is done before the original factory warranty runs out.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:29 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 E400
I'm in the same boat. But I highly doubt that they'll extend your extended warranty, since the time (7 years) is almost up, although you're below the mileage limit. It doesn't matter whether you drive the vehicle or not, or just leave it in the garage for the whole time. They already factored in that time will still deteriorate all your wearable items, including seat materials, just by sitting there, being driven or not.

Would recommend that you bring your vehicle in immediately, don't wait until June, to get everything fixed now, still under extended warranty.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,393 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Aren't you talking about June 2013 ?
The following users liked this post:
raja777m (03-25-2020)