E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

///AMG sport package does get AMG badge FROM the factory, says Daimler AG.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 01:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E-class
///AMG sport package does get AMG badge FROM the factory, says Daimler AG.

Below is the response I received from Daimler AG directly.

If you want to argue with this response, go ahead and email Daimler AG, as the response came directly from there. I'm not the one who wrote the explanation (the AMG models seem loosely defined).

Not the US market, at least not yet.
But it's been done in other parts of the world.

Yeah, truth hurts. Some people will have a tough time going to sleep tonight.

Last edited by leapingpoint; 01-15-2014 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 AM

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
S213 E450 4Matic, W111 220SE - prior cars: 3x W212, W210 E55 AMG, W202 C43 AMG, W126 300SE
I don't know if that meets the "legal" definition of any kind of proof, but nice try, kiddo.

I suppose for knockoff goods markets, knockoff AMG cars might actually make sense.

And to be serious, the wording on that last part is amusing. "AMG looks" mentioned with "AMG packages"? AMG interiors? I don't know if daddy can give you the allowance for that. Pics or it didn't happen.

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:38 AM

E-class
Originally Posted by fintail
I don't know if that meets the "legal" definition of any kind of proof, but nice try, kiddo.

I suppose for knockoff goods markets, knockoff AMG cars might actually make sense.

And to be serious, the wording on that last part is amusing. "AMG looks" mentioned with "AMG packages"? AMG interiors? I don't know if daddy can give you the allowance for that. Pics or it didn't happen.

Thanks!

legal proof? who do you think you are?
this is a forum on the internet, and this is just open discussions. you think you're a lawyer in a court room? you watch way too much TV shows, kid. perhaps your parents should take away your TV privileges.

so far you're just words and nothing else.

this is straight from Daimler AG, whether you like it or not.
laughing at the "german english" in that email is just insensitive; you just showed everyone what a bigot/racist you are.

Last edited by leapingpoint; 01-15-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lexus gx470
Coming from the knockoff capital of the world. Taiwan. Hahahahaha.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 AM

S213 E450 4Matic, W111 220SE - prior cars: 3x W212, W210 E55 AMG, W202 C43 AMG, W126 300SE
Kiddo, I am mocking you. You're the one who wanted things to be "legal", remember? Your daddy may be paying your way, but he needs to buy you better quality education if he wants his useless devilspawn to ascend to any level of real world credibility.

An email screenshot can be easily faked. Nice work though.

I like the "bigot/racist" strawman, too. Which race am I denigrating? Put up or shut up. I've visited both the Sindelfingen and Affalterbach works, and have spent significant time in Germany. And you? For the record, I wasn't mocking English, rather mention of things that don't seem to exist (AMG interiors? Is that a name for the floormats?).

Factory pics, please. At most, this is a special thing for your specific market, not something for the rest of world except USA.

Originally Posted by leapingpoint
legal proof? who do you think you are?
this is a forum on the internet, and this is just open discussions. you think you're a lawyer in a court room? you watch way too much TV shows, kid. perhaps your parents should take away your TV privileges.

so far you're just words and nothing else.

this is straight from Daimler AG, whether you like it or not.
laughing at the "german english" in that email is just insensitive; you just showed everyone what a bigot/racist you are.

Last edited by fintail; 01-15-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
First things first, I just called my Doctor's office for a prescription of Ambien.

What do you think this part of the letter means:
With regard to the AMG badge, it came from the factory and is applied to all AMG models…
"applied to all AMG models" Well sure that makes sense. AMG models are 55, 63, 65, etc. So an E350 with the AMG apperance package is not an AMG model.

By the way, I have an ML500 with the AMG appearance package, but the only thing that has AMG on it are the wheels because they are AMG wheels. There are no misleading AMG badges of the back on the vehicle.

Last edited by cal1; 01-15-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:01 AM

E-class
Originally Posted by cal1
First things first, I just called my Doctor's office for a prescription of Ambien.

What do you think this part of the letter means:

"applied to all AMG models" Well sure that makes sense. AMG models are 55, 63, 65, etc. So an E350 with the AMG apperance package is not an AMG model.

By the way, I have an ML500 with the AMG appearance package, but the only thing that has AMG on it are the wheels because they are AMG wheels. There are no misleading AMG badges of the back on the vehicle.
1. you only copied and pasted the part you wanted to see, and omitted the other half. the second half of that sentence clearly stated, "...whether the vehicle is equipped with AMG engine, AMG looks, AMG interiors or AMG packages."
2. this practice, as previously discussed in another thread, is done in some countries in Europe and Asia. US obviously is not one of those markets.

what you need, your doctor can't give you.

hey, believe what you want to believe. interpret that response from Daimler AG however you see fits. it doesn't change the facts.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:07 AM

E-class
Kiddo, I am mocking you. You're the one who wanted things to be "legal", remember? Your daddy may be paying your way, but he needs to buy you better quality education if he wants his useless devilspawn to ascend to any level of real world credibility.

An email screenshot can be easily faked. Nice work though.

I like the "bigot/racist" strawman, too. Which race am I denigrating? Put up or shut up. I've visited both the Sindelfingen and Affalterbach works, and have spent significant time in Germany. And you? For the record, I wasn't mocking English, rather mention of things that don't seem to exist (AMG interiors? Is that a name for the floormats?).

Factory pics, please. At most, this is a special thing for your specific market, not something for the rest of world except USA.
wow, look at you! you have been to germany! i didn't know that's something worth bragging now?! perhaps only in your little village.

obviously you haven't been active in the forum. you need to run a search function and read the other post where this topic has been discussed extensively.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
1. you only copied and pasted the part you wanted to see, and omitted the other half. the second half of that sentence clearly stated, "...whether the vehicle is equipped with AMG engine, AMG looks, AMG interiors or AMG packages."
2. this practice, as previously discussed in another thread, is done in some countries in Europe and Asia. US obviously is not one of those markets.

what you need, your doctor can't give you.

hey, believe what you want to believe. interpret that response from Daimler AG however you see fits. it doesn't change the facts.

Actually, I did not think that parts of the message like "thanks for the email" pertinent. It seemed to me that the key was the use of the term "AMG model". What does "all AMG models mean to you? All MB models?

I am really just trying to make sense of the letter. Maybe it is German English that causes it to be unclear. So what is your interpretation? Are you saying if it came with an AMG badge it must be an AMG?

Why don't you turn down the flippant **** control on your forehead and attempt a logical response to the question?
Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E350 Wagon
Good Lord !
Old 01-15-2014, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E550
wow, and LMAO @ the AMG badge police ...lmao..some guys have waaaay too much on their hands.

Learningpoint, just ignore them man. The stupid back and forth is silly.
If you like your ride thats all that matters. Who cares what a few tards think.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:28 AM

2013 E350 Sedan
Originally Posted by GregTR
Good Lord !
+1
Old 01-15-2014, 11:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e
My 1st gen ML320 was a real AMG .... American Made Garbage that is.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:11 PM

2014 E550
Originally Posted by instantfob
Old 01-15-2014, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by cal1
Actually, I did not think that parts of the message like "thanks for the email" pertinent. It seemed to me that the key was the use of the term "AMG model". What does "all AMG models mean to you? All MB models?

I am really just trying to make sense of the letter. Maybe it is German English that causes it to be unclear. So what is your interpretation? Are you saying if it came with an AMG badge it must be an AMG?

Why don't you turn down the flippant **** control on your forehead and attempt a logical response to the question?
+1, I have never seen ANY non-AMG MB's in ANY country that I have been to. All of the markets only have AMG badges on actual AMG models, not AMG "styled" or appearance kits. You only get the wheels and body styling with the AMG appearance package, no badging. I don't understand why this keeps coming up, we confirmed this from MB USA, from MB in Germany, on another thread that went into many pages. The thread got heated and was almost locked.

No engine, no badge. Period.

Originally Posted by usamuscle
wow, and LMAO @ the AMG badge police ...lmao..some guys have waaaay too much on their hands.

Learningpoint, just ignore them man. The stupid back and forth is silly.
If you like your ride thats all that matters. Who cares what a few tards think.

It's not about time on the hands for the responses, but more on the OP. Why is this such a deal to post an email such as this? We don't know if the email is legit, or being incorrectly interpreted. Sure, people do what the want with their cars, but don't try to shove this down the throats on the forum which is widely known to be false about the AMG badges.

OMG.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 PM

Who is bragging? You made wild and stupid accusations against me, but one probably wouldn't spend time in a place they were biased against, right?

I don't read the threads where people mod their cars, as it doesn't interest me - but I have been on this site and in the MB community longer than you, so you don't need to try that one. Check the AMG Private Lounge for some real insight on rebadging. Oh wait, can you?

Enjoy your car. If you are truly secure with your decisions, it shouldn't matter what others think or say...

wow, look at you! you have been to germany! i didn't know that's something worth bragging now?! perhaps only in your little village.

obviously you haven't been active in the forum. you need to run a search function and read the other post where this topic has been discussed extensively.

Last edited by fintail; 01-15-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Who is bragging? You made wild and stupid accusations against me, but one probably wouldn't spend time in a place they were biased against, right? And my daddy didn't buy my way in, either.

I don't read the threads where people mod their cars, as it doesn't interest me - but I have been on this site and in the MB community longer than you, so you don't need to try that one. Check the AMG Private Lounge for some real insight on rebadging. Oh wait, can you?
Simple answer is, he can't. If the VIN does not match a real AMG, access is denied. The private lounge is a global site BTW, so that should answer the "market" question as well.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:38 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Airforce 1
Why are you guys so bothered about how cars are badged in Taiwan. If you care to know, M badges previously only used on M cars like the M3, M5 e.t.c are now being used on BMW M Sport models such as the 4 pot 420d.

How soon before Mercedes follow suit?
Old 01-15-2014, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
Originally Posted by chrisvr6
Coming from the knockoff capital of the world. Taiwan. Hahahahaha.
Listen, I don't care about all this ridiculous argument about a stupid badge on a AMG or non-AMG cars. But for you to make this fxxking ignorant comment, just makes me mad. Before you make a comment like that, you should get all your facts straight.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
LOLOLOL I had one of those and you put it perfectly.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:32 PM

BMW 5er
OMFG.

*** OP's car is VERY tastefully done. it's much better than most of the low rent examples you see around this whole forum. badges or not, that car is a beauty!

*** the chinese market is going to overtake the rest of the globe very soon. they dictate the trends. end of story. don't like it? vote for better politicians.

EDIT: what's worse - OP's e250 with AMG badge or the guy who takes an AMG car from the factory and ruins it with extra large wheels, a "stance" suspension setup, blacked out everything, an obnoxious exhaust system, etc.? i know who the bigger toolbag is, for sure.

Last edited by E Classy; 01-15-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:01 PM

12' ML350 4M & 10' E350 4M
Originally Posted by usamuscle
wow, and LMAO @ the AMG badge police
LOL, this just made my day!

But on a serious note why is it anyone's business what someone does to THEIR car?

I mean you might as well call everyone who has AMG sport a poser too! It's not a big deal that they use bumpers and wheels, but a small badge is like the end of the world. So if your rims have AMG on it your a POSER because your car isn't a real AMG...
Old 01-15-2014, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Below is the response I received from Daimler AG directly.

If you want to argue with this response, go ahead and email Daimler AG, as the response came directly from there. I'm not the one who wrote the explanation (the AMG models seem loosely defined).

Not the US market, at least not yet.
But it's been done in other parts of the world.

Yeah, truth hurts. Some people will have a tough time going to sleep tonight.

Wow.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:46 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E350 Wagon
<nerdy interjection>
The issue is that the original e-mail is logically ambiguous and no other than the sender of the original message can resolve the ambiguity.
For more information read up on the Oxford or Harvard Comma.
</nerdy interjection>

Carry on....
Old 01-15-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550 Coupe
I just don't care either way.
It's a badge. On a car.

Can we please stop all these infinite looping 'discussions' about badges?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ///AMG sport package does get AMG badge FROM the factory, says Daimler AG.