E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Anyone do a Euro Delivery lately?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 11:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC300
Smile Anyone do a Euro Delivery lately?

In 1998, I did a Euro Delivery of my E430 - along with the Alps/Black Forest Rallye pkg. (which is a 3 night package at fabulous hotels in Bavaria.)

Highly memorable experience - especially with the high speed Autobahn runs between desinations. The factory tour at Sindelfigen before delivery was just as special.

Overall 5 star experience.

1998 was the first year of the "new 3 valve heads" on the redesigned E-Class engines. Consequently, no dealers were discounting. Euro Delivery (back then) had fixed prices - which was a better deal than any negotiating with a dealer could solve.

Just wondering if anybody else have done one lately?
Old 02-24-2014, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 250
"Lately?"

We picked up our E250 in Sindelfigen last October. It was an excellent experience!

We drove from Sindelfigen to Rothenberg to Baden-Baden to Friedrichshafen to Interalpen to Munich. Great driving. Great hotels. Great food.

A tip we learned of was to use MB package for the really nice hotels. We spent two nights at the Brenners Park Hotel in Baden-Baden and two nights at the Interalpen-Hotel Tyrol as part of the package. We paid for some other nights ourselves at stops that were just a place to sleep.

I have to say the Interalpen was arguably the nicest hotel I've ever been to. Top notch. Awesome food and breakfast and dinner are included in the MB package. They take very good care of you there.

And driving the autobahns was so much fun in a brand new Mercedes. On the clear stretches (not that common sadly, there's lots of traffic in Germany), it was great to get into the fast lane and just go.

I enjoyed touring the factory too. I've been to many factories over the years, so maybe it's just something I enjoy, though my wife said she enjoyed it too ;-)

I'd highly recommend it of you have the time.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC300
Couldn't agree with you more on the Interalpen. This hotel was the gem on the trip back in '98 too.

Interalpen URL