E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Iphone 4s not working after update?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212
Iphone 4s not working after update?

Hi - I know this has been asked a few times on here and I cant seem to find a solid answer. I had my iphone 4s was working perfectly fine with the provided mb adapter. I took the car to the dealer to get a command update for streaming bluetooth audio (which works great), but any other iphone/ipod that I plug into the glove box gets an "device incompatible" message. I had the mb iphone cable replaced in the glove box and get the same message. Now the dealer has the car is saying that certain iphones are incompatible with the command unit. Is this true? Has anyone else had this issue? I find it hard to believe that a E350 cant be compatible with a simple iphone.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 E350 Sedan
Originally Posted by blazium
Hi - I know this has been asked a few times on here and I cant seem to find a solid answer. I had my iphone 4s was working perfectly fine with the provided mb adapter. I took the car to the dealer to get a command update for streaming bluetooth audio (which works great), but any other iphone/ipod that I plug into the glove box gets an "device incompatible" message. I had the mb iphone cable replaced in the glove box and get the same message. Now the dealer has the car is saying that certain iphones are incompatible with the command unit. Is this true? Has anyone else had this issue? I find it hard to believe that a E350 cant be compatible with a simple iphone.
Do you have the USB port in your car or do you have the MB cable with the 30-pin dock connector?

If you have the USB plug, try using your normal Apple cable. If you have the dock connector it could be an issue of the car not supporting certain iPhones as the dealer has said.

I have an audio dock that used to charred my old 4S and after an update it give me the incompatible error as well. Sometimes Apples profiles are updated to no longer work with older accessories.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212
I dont have a USB port I have the doc connector. I find it hard to believe only certain iPhones are compatible with the command unit. The dealer just advised they used a different ipod and it seems to work without an issue. I will know more once I pick the car up.