E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Any help welcomed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 Rspec
Any help welcomed

As you may note, I now drive a 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 Rspec. It's a very nice car, especially for the money. But what I really want is an E63 AMG. What I don't want is to buy a new one. I think I've taken my last depreciation beating, at least as bad as a new car delivers.

So, I'm looking at second hand E63's. Here's what I think would be the car for me. (Anyone having advice on whether these are good ideas or bad ones are welcome to pipe up. That's why I'm writing.)

1. A CPO. Because there is not an abundance of these cars, my thought is that I may need to buy it sight unseen, except for pictures. MB seems to be very proud of its CPO program, and the warranty means a lot. Unless it's within, say, a 400 mile radius I'll buy it and have it delivered here.

2. A 2010 E63. I know the models changed in 2010. As far as I can tell, there were no real changes made to the 2011's. It looks like I can save at least $10K by buying a 2010 over a 2011, even when the mileage is about the same.

3. With less than 25K miles. It's pretty surprising how many cars are out there with this few miles. Finding one that meets my other requirements will be tougher, but I have time.

4. With the following options: Premium II Package, Driver Assistance Package (I am addicted to adaptive cruise), Lighting Package, 19" AMG wheels and navigation. (Nav may be included in the P2.) Any other options I should make certain I get??

5. Oddly enough, color is not that important to me. It's hot down here, so a light color might be nice. I'm driving black/black at the moment. The majority of these cars seem to be black with charcoal interiors.

So am I on the right track? Is there anything I need to know that I appear not to know? Would you buy a car like this without seeing it first? I can get a car like I described right now for about $55K, maybe less. That's about half the sticker price new.

I've never owned a MB, let alone an E63 AMG, so I'm reaching out to all you smart people to take advantage of your knowledge and experience.

I'm not buying right now, so please don't tell me about cars for sale. But if there are places I should look besides Autotrader, EBay Motors and mbusa.com, I welcome the information.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this and thank you in advance for your kind help. I look forward to hearing what you think. Any criticism is fine. You can't hurt my feelings.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bacnmercedes has a 2010 for a steal of a price. It's in classifieds too.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Interesting. I came very, very close to getting a Genesis before getting my E350. If I had to get another car now, the new Genesis would be a prime consideration, especially with the changed front end on the new E class.