E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E350 wagon uneven rear suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014 | 11:48 AM

E350 Wagon (W212)
E350 wagon uneven rear suspension

Hi all, I'm in Hong Kong. I bought a 2nd hand 2010 E350 wagon with AMG trim 6 months ago and was thrilled to own such a nice looking wagon.
However, recently I've noticed that the car is tilted to its left side (non-driver side, as we are right hand drive here) and a close look reveals that the wheel clearance on the left rear side (less than 2 fingers) is quite a bit less than the other side (comfortably 3 fingers). Been to the HK official dealer and was told the left rear suspension "airbag" was defective.
Replaced at a trusted garage (original MB parts) but the problem is still there!
Any one with similar experience? I thought the rear air suspension was supposed to be self levelling but nothing changes after ignition ever.
Other than aesthetics (which was one big reason why I bought it in the first place), it seems also to affect steering as now it has a permanent tendency to go left and does go left even when the MG logo on the steering wheel is pointing straight ahead!
Anything else the MB dealer is not telling me? Anything you suggest I can ask my trusted mechanic to try?
Thanks a lot guys!