Amd Wiring and Sub Install Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL550
Amd Wiring and Sub Install Questions

Hello,
I am going to install a sub and amp into my 2010 E350 and I am looking for just a little advice. I have read and reread all of the threads on the matter, and I absolutely love the custom box RNBRAD made for his E550. It isn't in the way but still looks great and I bet it sounds great. I was going to install it all on my own as I did this in my previous GL550 but it seems a little more complicated this time. Being only an E350, I don't have a battery in the trunk. Does anyone have any advice on where to run a power wire from the front of the vehicle? I don't have any experience with removing door panels so if anyone has any insight on where to route it, that would be awesome. I can find a point for the ground so that isn't a big deal. Next question is the stereo inputs. Should I use high level inputs? I couldn't seem to find a final suggestion on the matter although it did seem like it was said to use 6v brown and white wires going to the amp. Are those part of the big connector plugged into the amp on the underside of the rear decklid? I am looking to bridge off of the wires that will give the best sound quality and will buy an amp with the appropriate sound inputs. Lastly for the amp is the remote wire. As I did on my GL, I plan on bridging the remote and power wire and running a switch to the driver's side area so I can turn the amp on and off when I want because I simply like that ability to control it. If anyone has any input on this matter that is not already on other threads that I've read, please share. I also could have missed info somewhere too. Thanks.