MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Bluetooth Music Streaming? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/540181-bluetooth-music-streaming.html)

beemerfreak 04-28-2014 05:04 PM

Bluetooth Music Streaming?

I've been searching DIY to enable Bluetooth audio streaming thru navi engineer mode. I can't find anything that shows u how to step by step..

mikemargolis 04-28-2014 05:13 PM

more info needed

what year car, what kind of phone, etc...

On my 2011, I just connect my phone via bluetooth and start the music on the phone, via pandora, itunes, whatever, and set the Audio to bluetooth, and it plays automatically.

beemerfreak 04-28-2014 05:26 PM

2010 e350, iPhone

PilotAlan 04-28-2014 09:16 PM

iPhones don't play well. Bluetooth Audio won't come play, contacts won't sync, etc etc.
My old iPhone wouldn't talk to three Mercs.

My Android plays through Bluetooth audio, contacts sync, etc. Perfect, seamless, easy. iPhone, no.

thefisch 04-28-2014 09:22 PM

look for the e class hacks thread. There are steps there. some folks have reported issues with having the reconnect their iphones using external authorizations after the hack though. Good luck!

2nice4me 04-28-2014 10:35 PM

I have a 2011 and tried the hack found in the "secret menu" and was able to get an android working but in order to get the iphone 5 going i had to get the command updated.

the update add aux volume boost, climate control display on the screen.

beemerfreak 04-28-2014 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2nice4me (Post 6024587)
I have a 2011 and tried the hack found in the "secret menu" and was able to get an android working but in order to get the iphone 5 going i had to get the command updated.

the update add aux volume boost, climate control display on the screen.

How do I do it exactly?

ttsagris 04-28-2014 11:45 PM

My 2010 CPO had bluetooth audio enabled when I bought it. It's true that it does work, but not consistently and it's a bit glitchy (at least with an iphone5). It worked fine for a while, then I would have to re-pair the phone and command every so often. Now, it's every time I power off the car and restart. Every time. I'm going to turn it off and see if the problem is fixed. I'm betting the 2010's need a software update for full compatibility. When I find the hack I'll let you know.

2nice4me 04-29-2014 12:37 AM

here are some steps from a previous posts and should do the trick. But otherwise search for the engineering menu.

https://mbworld.org/forums/3862307-post8.html

"Originally Posted by jinx420hat View Post
Alright guys I'll do my best at this... (BT=Bluetooth)

-End Call + # + 1: opens Engineering Mode

- HU Settings

- HU Parameter
(the following are the settings I put them in)
(1) BT contact plate: Not Installed
(2) LCT: Installed
(3) BT audio: On
(4) Audio Aux: Off (greyed out: not an option)
(5) Video Aux: Off
(6) Navi: installed
(7) BT: on

-back buttonx2

-pull command wheel down

- system reset

- reset - yes

- go to audio, then go to the audio tab again to bring up the drop down menu of audio options, select BT audio and activating audio device comes up, then the audio streaming screen"

beemerfreak 04-29-2014 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2nice4me (Post 6024687)
here are some steps from a previous posts and should do the trick. But otherwise search for the engineering menu.

https://mbworld.org/forums/3862307-post8.html

"Originally Posted by jinx420hat View Post
Alright guys I'll do my best at this... (BT=Bluetooth)

-End Call + # + 1: opens Engineering Mode

- HU Settings

- HU Parameter
(the following are the settings I put them in)
(1) BT contact plate: Not Installed
(2) LCT: Installed
(3) BT audio: On
(4) Audio Aux: Off (greyed out: not an option)
(5) Video Aux: Off
(6) Navi: installed
(7) BT: on

-back buttonx2

-pull command wheel down

- system reset

- reset - yes

- go to audio, then go to the audio tab again to bring up the drop down menu of audio options, select BT audio and activating audio device comes up, then the audio streaming screen"

Now that is what I was looking for thanks a million!!!!
Now I need to go outside and try it out!!

beemerfreak 04-29-2014 02:08 AM

I'm stuck at this part.. It won't pair with my iPhone 5..

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psz6gg7wxr.jpg

2nice4me 04-29-2014 02:46 AM

That's exactly what was my my car, you try an android and it probably will work. Regardless show that to the dealership and they will do the update.

stale-bread 04-29-2014 10:37 AM

I have a 2010, and the dealer update did the trick.

thefisch 04-29-2014 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by 2nice4me (Post 6024587)
i had to get the command updated.

Originally Posted by stale-bread (Post 6024994)
I have a 2010, and the dealer update did the trick.

Would either of you mind explaining how you got the dealer to provide this update? Others have posted that dealers told them there is no way to update comand. Was a specific fix applied to help with BT? AFAIK, there is no way to check the software version in comand so how would someone know if an update was applied other than the issue is no longer present?

stale-bread 04-29-2014 11:43 AM

This is how I got the dealer to do the upgrade. I had a scheduled service update, so they were going to be working on the car anyways. I told them I'm in sales and my clients are constantly complaining about my Bluetooth connectivity in my new MB. I said this is very important to get this working correctly because my BMW 650 I traded in had zero issues with my phone. The SA stated that they probably know what needs to be done to fix this for you. When I picked it up, the software was updated and Bluetooth audio streaming worked flawlessly.

thefisch 04-29-2014 11:47 AM

good advice. I assume it was covered under warranty. If not, let us know if there was any charge.

2nice4me 04-30-2014 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by thefisch (Post 6025077)
good advice. I assume it was covered under warranty. If not, let us know if there was any charge.

Yeah mine was under warranty. I just made the adjustment as described above and then complained that the iphone 5 didn't work but android did.

I made sure to call out the fact that the android worked because i was concerned that the dealer may state that this car was not spec'd to have BT streaming.

beemerfreak 04-30-2014 01:54 AM

So after trying to get it to work all last night.. Today I successfully got my brothers android note 2 to work with it.. As far as my iPhone 5 no luck.. Now I have to come up with a excuse for the dealer to update the command..

stale-bread 04-30-2014 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by beemerfreak (Post 6026031)
So after trying to get it to work all last night.. Today I successfully got my brothers android note 2 to work with it.. As far as my iPhone 5 no luck.. Now I have to come up with a excuse for the dealer to update the command..

I gave you one earlier in this thread. :D Im sure they will upgrade you as long as you are under warranty or have your car serviced by them regularly.

Arrie 04-30-2014 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by beemerfreak (Post 6026031)

Your navigation does not work correctly. If you drive with navi on and want to select a stopover point you should be able to use the MAP tab at the bottom left to see the point on the map before you actually select it as a stopover point. Handy feature when looking for a gas station to see location on the map as you don't want to select something that is too far from your route.

This MAP tab does not work before the update, i.e. the Comand SW update fixes this. It just happens to fix the BT audio too.

Dema 05-02-2014 11:31 PM

Search the forum for a solution. It was some thread something E class hack where was blue tooth streaming enabling procedure described well. Indeed it works flawlessly for Android phones, but requires some action for every iPhone connection. Later W212 has blue tooth streaming as not hidden feature, although I can't tell difference.

gk768w 05-11-2014 07:36 AM

I have a 2009 ML 350, I am not able to do the music streaming. I can only connect bluetooth to the phone portion voice calls only. Please advise

SLpat 05-11-2014 06:41 PM

I guess I should consider myself lucky. When I got my 2011 E550 the sales rep said it didn't have streaming audio until 2012 so I would have to connect it in the glove compartment that is a bad place to put the connector.

I have an iPhone 5 and after getting the car saw a menu option for Bluetooth and paired my phone and it worked perfectly.

I don't see why this is so much an issue for Mercedes when other cars have had this working fine.

dfordham 05-11-2014 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by SLpat (Post 6038730)
When I got my 2011 E550 the sales rep said it didn't have streaming audio until 2012 so I would have to connect it in the glove compartment that is a bad place to put the connector.

Your salesman was FOS. 2011's had bluetooth streaming. I know, I had one.

Regards,
Don

thefisch 05-12-2014 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by dfordham (Post 6038942)
Your salesman was FOS. 2011's had bluetooth streaming. I know, I had one.

Regards,
Don

Most are FOS. I wish they would replace salespeople with robots that just hand you the keys for the test drive and pull up specs, brochure, etc. when you need it (like you can do at home). Then I wouldn't mind going to the dealerships as much.