Sprintbooster vs TMC Tuning Box vs Pedalbox

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E250 CGI
Sprintbooster vs TMC Tuning Box vs Pedalbox

Hey guys,

I've been searching for performance upgrades recently and have found a few reputable tuning kits, they are:

1.Sprintbooster
2.TMC Tuning Box
3. Pedalbox

Does anyone here have any of these tunes on their car and can share their experiences with them?

I am a bit confused on whether these tuning kits are perform the same thing. Whilst Springbooster and the TMC provide addition HP, pedalbox doesn't mention power increase but rather; it provides better throttle control.

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 04-29-2014, 03:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4 Matic
Sprintbooster/pedalbox do the same thing which is making the pedal more sensitive/respond quicker. no extra power just better pedal control.

Receive the pedalbox about 1 week or so ago and am happy with it, out of the presettings I like it on the red setting. in stop and go traffic it maybe just a bit too sensitive but i rather have that i guess.

After the car is up to speed the pedal box doesn't seem to add much of a difference.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:05 AM

2014 E250 CGI
Originally Posted by 2nice4me
Sprintbooster/pedalbox do the same thing which is making the pedal more sensitive/respond quicker. no extra power just better pedal control.

Receive the pedalbox about 1 week or so ago and am happy with it, out of the presettings I like it on the red setting. in stop and go traffic it maybe just a bit too sensitive but i rather have that i guess.

After the car is up to speed the pedal box doesn't seem to add much of a difference.

Oh ok, this is interesting because the TMC tuning kit
(http://www.tmcmotorsport.com/TuningB...px?s=477176533)
and Speedbuster's chip tuning box
(http://www.speed-buster.de/en/chiptu.../a-1928407911/)
aren't just throttle controllers but they give 40% increase in power.

Now I am curious. Can I run a pedalbox and a TMC/speedbuster tuning kit, together at the same time?
Old 04-29-2014, 03:09 AM

2011 E350 4 Matic
I can't speak to that but others people have combined these devices with tunes. Main reason why I have never added a tune to my cars was fear of issues and voiding warranties.

try the pedal first and if you still aren't satisfied get the tune done.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:17 AM

2014 E250 CGI
I can't speak to that but others people have combined these devices with tunes. Main reason why I have never added a tune to my cars was fear of issues and voiding warranties.

try the pedal first and if you still aren't satisfied get the tune done.
I had the same worries about voiding the warranty. But here's the funny story, I told the sales rep (that I bought the car from) about wanting to tune the car and whether it would void the warranty. He then reassured me that it won't because he had also tuned his 2014 B200 and told me that all I had to do was turn the tune off before taking it for a service and everything will be fine.

Okay so 2nice4me, you have told me that other members have also fitted a throttle controller along with a tune. That's good because I was worried that there might be a clash in the ECU system, or even that the car might not have enough output ports for the plug ins.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:24 AM

2011 E350 4 Matic
Sales people come and go.

To my understanding a tune cannot be "turned" off i believe it needs to be remapped and then reloaded.

keep browsing the forums here, lot of posts to read about tunes and sprintboosters
Old 04-29-2014, 03:30 AM

2014 E250 CGI
Sales people come and go.

To my understanding a tune cannot be "turned" off i believe it needs to be remapped and then reloaded.

keep browsing the forums here, lot of posts to read about tunes and sprintboosters

It depends on what sort of tune you are getting. If you're getting a custom tune from a workshop where the map is integrated into your stock ECU, then turning it off would definitely require remapping.

However, for bolt-on piggyback tunes like TMC and speedbuster, they are kits with preset maps designed for easy installation and configuration. I had a bolt-on tune for my previous car ( a bmw) and you could run maps of different boost, map 1 for 10psi, map 2 for 13psi etc. and map 0 for stock boost; or eitherwise the tune is 'technically turned off'. So i hope it's the same with tunes for MB.

But thanks for your advice, I will keep browsing this forum
Old 04-29-2014, 10:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Current: 2019 M5 Donnington Gray, 2021 GLE53 Diamond White Met. Previous: 2010 C63, 2012 E550 Coupe
I'm not sure if you're asking about SprintBooster, because you also mention Speedbuster. I've had SprintBooster in 2 different MBs and the dealer never said anything about it during regular service appointments. I don't have a tune.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:44 PM

2014 E250 CGI
Originally Posted by Cavu
I'm not sure if you're asking about SprintBooster, because you also mention Speedbuster. I've had SprintBooster in 2 different MBs and the dealer never said anything about it during regular service appointments. I don't have a tune.
Found speedbuster after making this thread so I added it to the conversation. But thanks for your input, clears things up that Sprintbooster doesn't void warranty. Have you thought about adding a tune?
Old 04-30-2014, 09:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Current: 2019 M5 Donnington Gray, 2021 GLE53 Diamond White Met. Previous: 2010 C63, 2012 E550 Coupe
I've never thought about a tune. The E550 is pretty damned fast as it is. If anything, I'd do something about the suspension because that's where it lags in my opinion. It's the wife's car and I only drive it a couple of days per month, but it is fun. It's got great acceleration like my C63, but it's smooth and quiet like you're in a Mercedes.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes GLK x156
I have equipment from speedbuster on my GLA - powerbox and pedalbox - it works great