E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2011 BluTec Pulls Right - Alightment OK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2014 | 05:46 PM

e350 Bluetec
2011 BluTec Pulls Right - Alightment OK

Hi -
* ack - that's Alignment, not alightment!

Firstly, I've done a search on this topic with varying degrees of success and understanding I was hoping someone could confirm (or deny) what is to be done.

So I have a 2011 e350 that pulls to the right. I know, in researching this, that this is a common thing, but wanted to know what the ultimate solution is.

a) Is there a MB kit to fix this. If so, what is it and what do I ask for?
b) Are there Camber bolts (?) that fix this? I assume it's a camber issue?
c) Is this a warranty issue in anyway?

Please let me know your thoughts so I can arm myself when asked by MB / my mechanic!

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Bulldog Creativ; 05-14-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Mistake in title!
Old 05-14-2014 | 08:56 PM

2017 E300 • 2016 Tesla Model S 75D
My 2012 Bluetec does the same thing, I'm taking it in on Monday to have it checked out. I have a feeling they are going to say it's the alignment, forcing me to pay for an alignment, which won't fix the problem, and then I'll have to fight with them to refund my money on said alignment. :/
Old 05-15-2014 | 09:42 AM

2011 E550, 2008 SL55 AMG
Two possibilities: (1) in the U.S. (and other countries that drive on the right side of the road) a crowned road or one on which the roadway slopes to the right will cause a slight pull to the right ; (2) you have a defective tire - most likely on the right front.

A sticking brake caliper and low tire pressures on one side can also cause a pull. Other more serious causes include bent components in the front suspension (hit any curbs lately?) or a bent frame - unlikely on a new car (or a CPO pre-owned).
Old 06-09-2014 | 10:04 AM

e350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by pdjv
Two possibilities: (1) in the U.S. (and other countries that drive on the right side of the road) a crowned road or one on which the roadway slopes to the right will cause a slight pull to the right ; (2) you have a defective tire - most likely on the right front.

A sticking brake caliper and low tire pressures on one side can also cause a pull. Other more serious causes include bent components in the front suspension (hit any curbs lately?) or a bent frame - unlikely on a new car (or a CPO pre-owned).
I don't think it's the crown, as it's too severe a pull (it's not THAT severe, but it doesn't meander to the curb). I could try rotating the fronts (it's staggered so i can't do the back).

It's not the frame, as it was CPO. Maybe bent parts ... however they inspected and didn't find any.

I had read there is a kit for this, but have no idea what it is? Is it just bolts?
Old 06-12-2014 | 06:45 PM

W126 1987 300SDL
Take it to a shop that specializes in alignments. Every car I have had has not driven well when I got it. I take it to a guy that get the car spot on the specs and it's perfect. If it's not, then look at other options. The dealers have a history of not doing a good job at aligning my vehicles. If he tells me it's in spec, then I would investigate a tire having a bad belt.
Old 06-12-2014 | 07:28 PM

'11 E550 Cpe/'04 GT3
My '11 E550 coupe with 17K miles also pulled to the right when I got it this past December. The dealer installed special slotted camber bolts that corrected it.