E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

does the 2014 e250 bluets get mbrace apps?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does the 2014 e250 bluets get mbrace apps?

i bought my vehicle 8 or 9 days ago and I have been fighting with mbrace to get my trial activated. I spoke with 8 different people so far. 5 of them said my vehicle is not equipped with mbrace so i can't have it. the other 3 said they are activating my service check back in 24hrs. Facebook, google etc.. started working last 3 days but internet radio is not working. internet radio is the only one I care about really.

i know most of you will say forget it its too slow and not worth it. It just frustrates the hell out of me that a brand-new car is given a feature and mine is not working. I went back to the dealer i bought it from. they checked everything. we called mbrace together. we first got the same answer my car is not equipped then the service guy at the dealer kindly told them this is a 2014 e class with all options. furthermore we are looking at the apps on the screen right now. then the person said she will activate it and it will take 24 hrs. Well its been over 24hrs and nothing.

who is right here? am i wrong and this car does not get mbrace apps, most importantly internet radio? or they just don't have any clue about mb vehicles?

can someone with mbrace apps or trial verify that your apps and internet radio works? I get "internet radio is currently not available" when i try.
thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 05:14 PM

Mbrace tech support called me back today and said the same thing. My car is not equipped with mbrace apps they can not activate it.

This is bs. I have mbrace apps i can see them when i click the globe on command. I even went back to the dealer for them to check if anything was wrong. Nothing wrong. Mbrace keep telling me i have becker radio.

I called mercedes care and filed complaint. We will see where this will take us.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:20 PM

2014 E350
Originally Posted by Substance
Mbrace tech support called me back today and said the same thing. My car is not equipped with mbrace apps they can not activate it.

This is bs. I have mbrace apps i can see them when i click the globe on command. I even went back to the dealer for them to check if anything was wrong. Nothing wrong. Mbrace keep telling me i have becker radio.

I called mercedes care and filed complaint. We will see where this will take us.

I activated Mbrace last week, for new activation, it takes time (approx. two days) to get internet connection. hope this help
Old 06-03-2014, 05:00 PM

its been nearly 2 weeks for me and so far nothing. They say my car doesn't have the right equipment for mbapps.

can you use "internet radio"? its the second app in the globe. please let me know. thanks
Old 06-03-2014, 05:13 PM

2014 E350
Originally Posted by Substance
its been nearly 2 weeks for me and so far nothing. They say my car doesn't have the right equipment for mbapps.

can you use "internet radio"? its the second app in the globe. please let me know. thanks
nope, this app doesn't work at all .... however, other apps are fine...
Old 06-03-2014, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts
2024 GLS450
The relatively lightly equipped E250 I drove a while back has the internet radio and other options. It was a car on the lot, and everything was activated.