E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

W212 Inner DRL/HID Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 - 2011 E350
W212 Inner DRL/HID Question

Hello all, new to the forums...so bear with me! I will bold my questions for people who know it all.....

I have a 2011 W212 P1 Package 4Matic....

Yes, I know, a lot of you veteran members are shaking your head saying that I need to do a search! (I have) I come from the GM world (GTO/Z06) but recall a good friend and mentor (former owner of MMATS audio and member of this forum Kenneth Speranza) always raving about Mercedes and the potential of E55s. If this car is good to me, I believe the e63 will one day be the sport car I go after in remembrance of him. Anyway, I have realized there is WAYYYYYYY more electronics and witchcraft applied to these cars. They seem to be pretty frustrating to work on, but I love the way they ride and how well they are built. This is my first Mercedes and will likely not be the last.

Anyway, I have I read through about 7 stickies and one of the more recent threads was from 2012 and I wanted to make sure I have done all proper research. I purchased a OPT7 5000k 35W from EBAY but noticed that everyone keeps mentioning this CANBUS error they receive. What can I do if my HID kit does not have this feature? I dont want to sit her for an hour trying to squish my hand into the drivers side just to have to remove the bulbs again so I want to get this correct the first time!

I also read about a bracket for the bulb, is it easy to remove the factory one?

Also, I found the inner lights and wanted to get a confirmation on whether this is the correct LED replacement before I purchase because I am going to swap all of these lights out at once. Is this the correct item to purchase found in the link below? It looks very odd for a bulb and is a board as you can see:

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/HID-Matching-W212-LED-Parking-Position-Light-p/75-022.htm

Is it the same deal the the tag lights as well? Does anyone have a company or link they can provide? I am going to keep it simple with this E350.....a nice drop, 20s, better lighting, tint....that is it. I have been reading a lot on the springs here lately but will most likely dig up an old post later on.....Anyway....I am rambling.....Thanks everyone for your help!!

Last edited by The 'Markham'; 10-21-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:57 PM

W212 - 2011 E350
I just looked at my headlight and it does NOT match the one in the link. The outer low beam is similar but the inner one seems different. Am I missing something here?
Old 10-22-2014, 01:14 AM
gst

w212
you will need to connect a canceller to the HID module on each side, so you need 2, and there will be no error messages. The canceller can be purchased on ebay or any shops selling HID modules. Make sure you connect the canceller to the HID module with correct polarity, or it will just burn out the canceller

You will need a new bracket for each HID bulb and installation of the HID bulb with the bracket is PITA....believe me been there done that

Also make sure that you get the HID bulb with a metal base as those with black plastic base is too thick and do not fit in the Mercedes headlight housings.