Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
Angry

Worst day ever.. Easy: 3 March 2009. Going to work in the morning,
and finding THIS in the underground car park:
Attached Thumbnails Share your worst car day ever stories-dsc_0001.jpg   Share your worst car day ever stories-dsc_0002.jpg   Share your worst car day ever stories-dsc_0003.jpg   Share your worst car day ever stories-dsc_0004.jpg   Share your worst car day ever stories-dsc_0005.jpg  

Last edited by Egonvdv; 11-04-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Sport White on black
WOW THAT SUCKS

I had my 2012 E350 Sport for less than a month when I decided to go to 7-11 for a coffee before work. When I left the store and backed out of my parking space I sped off a bit faster to give another car my space and when I backed up farther than I have before I backed up into a pole in front of the cabbage bin. I hit the pole so hard that it made my teeth chatter. I was so upset that I did not even want to get out and assess the damage. When I got close to work I pulled off on a side street and got of my car thinking the worse. When I saw my back bumper I saw a decent dent but it was not as bad as I thought. The damage made a dollar size scratch and small indentation in the middle of the bumper. It did not damage to much underneath the bumper just the plastic. The next day I took it to Bumper Docs (in San Diego since I have used them twice before on other bumpers and did the best job and gave the best warranty) and they assured me that they would make it look better than new. Bumper Doc's employee even reported that the paint is guaranteed for the life of the car. He further stated that the car would be ready at 5PM the same day. Since I used them twice before and they did a fantastic job I did not worry of the quality. At 5PM they called and reported the car was ready. When I went to inspect the job I noticed a bunch of white powder around the bumper. I opened up the trunk and I found sand paper, tape, sand wheel and enough white powder all over the trunk mat that it would of made the Mexican Cartel jealous. I talked to the service rep and he reported that they had a new painter and assured me that they would clean it up in a few minutes. After about 20MINs I inspected the car and they did indeed clean up the mess but the paint job looked like I did the job myself with a paint can. Paint bubbles and over spray was terrible. I complained and rep reported that it would look better the next day. So the next day it looked worse so I sent a long email to the owner of the franchisee (Sunday) and by Monday he personally called me and told me to bring the car in for a complete redo. When I brought the car back, they did re-sand, prep and paint and totally detailed my car (inside and out). I got the call to pick up and when I inspected the car, I noticed the car looked real shinny and the paint blobs were sanded out. But I also noticed tape was stuck in between the bumper, body and a few more bubbles. I showed the rep and he called the owner but he refused to come out and he basically said to fix it better. The next week I brought the car in, for the third time, and this time they gave me a free rental and said to leave it for the weekend and they would take the bumper cover completely off and sand to plastic and respray to a new finish. They even noticed the front lip had a few scratches and reported that they would fix those for free. The third visit the bumper was re-sprayed, car totally detailed (again) and tires/rims cleaned/buffed to new. When I inspected the car I noticed when they sanded the cover down to primer they also sanded the filler over the dent. So when I inspected the car I noticed a nice indentation in the bumper cover (nice a new but old dent there). I showed the rep and they promised the fix again but I opted out (to go somewhere else) and they fired the painter. Luckily, when the bumper was waxed it almost hid the indentation and when I traded it in for a 2014 it was never noticed. When I took my car for the third time to Bumper Docs I noticed a few MBZs in the parking lot and the rep explained that the dealership (less than a mile away) sends their cars there for minor cosmetic fixes. When I took my car for the "B" service I explained my Bumper Doc experience and I hears similar stories. Again, my last two cars, they did the best job in terms of dents and paint. I must of got the new guy on a busy week. I wont share another horror car story experience with my new SAAB (I mean brand new) driving the coast road and a semi decided to pass the car a head of him, into my lane, and hit my car so hard (2x the front and rear end) I almost drove off a cliff to the ocean 100 feet below. When I inspected the car, both the front and rear end looked like it drove in a demolition derby and lost. The car took five week to fix.

Last edited by maguzma; 11-06-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Driving an '84 Saab 900 Turbo down the interstate with cruise on. Slowed down for a vehicle exiting and then I hit resume button. It started accelerating and wouldn't stop. Cancelled cruise, cut off cruise, hit brake-still accelerating. Threw it in neutral and coasted to side of road and cut engine.
Previously it periodically would just cut off after about 30 minutes, but dealer said NPF. Of course not, they tested for 10 minutes.
The problem was that the control box was two part plastic and the seal wasn't tight. It also sat on top of steering column under dash and collected lots of dust. The dust was shorting out the controls when it got hot. Supposedly it was a Ford cruise unit. Oh and the Bosch warm up regulator was a disaster-hard to start in cold weather in South Carolina in a garage? Heck, even hard in the summertime. Adjusted 4-5 times and finally replaced after it had to be towed in for not starting at all.
Traded it on a Misubishi (Plymouth) pick-up. Great little truck.

Last edited by El Cid; 11-08-2014 at 09:59 AM.