E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

What are these discs and plate in the toolkit for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e250
What are these discs and plate in the toolkit for?

I recently acquired a second-hand 2010 E250 CGI (in Australia). The spare tire toolkit came with 2 plastic discs and a metal plate which are not discussed in the manual. Does anyone know what they are meant to be used for? The metal plate fits nicely under the foot of the emergency jack. The plastic discs fit perfectly in my garage jack. But these are just my guesses.
Attached Thumbnails What are these discs and plate in the toolkit for?-toolkit_extras.jpg   What are these discs and plate in the toolkit for?-plate.jpg   What are these discs and plate in the toolkit for?-plate_2.jpg   What are these discs and plate in the toolkit for?-disc.jpg   What are these discs and plate in the toolkit for?-garage_jack.jpg  

Old 01-04-2015, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
Plate

Originally Posted by ovaltineo
I recently acquired a second-hand 2010 E250 CGI (in Australia). The spare tire toolkit came with 2 plastic discs and a metal plate which are not discussed in the manual. Does anyone know what they are meant to be used for? The metal plate fits nicely under the foot of the emergency jack. The plastic discs fit perfectly in my garage jack. But these are just my guesses.
Beats the heck out of me. My car did not come with them.
The plate is pretty fancy to put on the ground under the jack and the disc I first wondered if it was a hold down for the spare - not included in the 2011 wagons - but that doesn't work either.