Getting new under hood sticker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:10 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Previous: 2011 E550 4MATIC Current: 2018 AMG C 43 Coupe, 2021 GLC 300
Getting new under hood sticker

Hello all,

A few weeks ago Bambi tried to jump my 2011 E550 @ 50 MPH. She lost the battle, I lost the comprehensive deductible for 12K in repairs.

It's my DD and did not have the luxury of waiting 3 weeks for the local dealer's body shop, but I found a reputable shop that could start work right away that is MB certified and guarantees the workmanship. Today I stopped by to take a look at the progress. Top notch work, down to the emission stickers..except they are having trouble obtaining the under hood sticker with all the data card codes. I offered to help.

Does anyone know how I would get a reprint? Have contacted MBCA with no response, and the body shop said the local dealer was no help. Any insights are appreciated!

--Andrew
Old 02-10-2015, 07:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
That's frightening! It happened to me on my 7-series several years ago. If it's a generic card, there might be a part number. If it's unique to the car, generated by production order and depending on specific options, color, etc., then it might be next to impossible to get it reproduced. I would think it shouldn't be necessary, since the VIN should be all the detail you need for service/parts later.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:24 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Previous: 2011 E550 4MATIC Current: 2018 AMG C 43 Coupe, 2021 GLC 300
Originally Posted by noka
That's frightening! It happened to me on my 7-series several years ago. If it's a generic card, there might be a part number. If it's unique to the car, generated by production order and depending on specific options, color, etc., then it might be next to impossible to get it reproduced. I would think it shouldn't be necessary, since the VIN should be all the detail you need for service/parts later.

I hadn't thought of that. Makes sense, as these guys have done their due diligence. They are going to try and return as much of the original as possible.

Half jokingly, maybe that's what I get for flat badging the hood...perhaps the Star also serves as a deer whistle.

Thank you for the reply!
Old 02-11-2015, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
Originally Posted by BMWtoAMG
.....Top notch work, down to the emission stickers..except they are having trouble obtaining the under hood sticker with all the data card codes. I offered to help. Does anyone know how I would get a reprint?
I keep these guys in my favorites just in case my garage queen '92 Miata ever needs something replaced.....you might want to give them a call.

http://www.ecsvin.com
Old 02-11-2015, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
In 2006 my late wife got seriously T boned in our W211. The insurance insisted they could fix it and I insisted on OEM only parts. The bill for parts only was $27000 CDN. Why they went ahead beats me. Thecar was off the road for 8 weeks waiting for them all to arrive. The work was not done at a MB shop.
All the labels and stickers were readily available through the dealer parts department.