63.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old E Class vs 2015 C Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 4M (2012), C300 4M Sport (2009)
Have owned a C Class for many years and an E class for less than a week. I can tell you that while the C Class is a great car (I test drove the new one too - much improved for sure) for what it is - a nice, zippy compact car which is reasonably luxurious - there is absolutely no comparison with an E. While there is familiarity of controls etc., that's about it - these are two completely different vehicles.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 E550, 09 Yamaha Warrior 1700, 99 Honda Aero 1100
Originally Posted by Streamliner
I thought I addressed that: With all that new technology, we will give the W213 probably about three years to get all the bugs sorted and then get one--probably. And, we cannot sit around and wait for the W212 fire sale at the end of the year, as we want exactly what we want and that means a specially ordered car, unlike anything you will find sitting on a dealer'a lot either before or after the 2017's arrive. Just try and find a loaded, Iridium Silver E350 Luxury sedan with Seashell Gray Nappa Leather and the Surround View Camera sitting on a lot. Virtually impossible. And, with the timing of our ordered 2016, the deal we will get will be sensational anyway.
As previously stated, with MB falling all over themselves dealing with CLA, GLA, W205 & other issues, I have little doubt that the first & second year W213's will have reasonably serious glitches and my wife will be more than happy tooling around in her last year W212, while we wait for the W213 to get debugged--or not.
Maybe not get lucky to find it sitting on a lot, but there are car finder services...probably if you told your local dealer's internet sales guy what you want, and only that package, they might eventually find it. MB supposedly creates the best dealer experience available, I'd consider that to be part of it. We have 3 dealers within 30 miles of my house, I'd send the same email to each. In fact, when I've depreciated this one the rest of the way, I may do that myself for the replacement.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
He already would have tried

Originally Posted by shoban
Maybe not get lucky to find it sitting on a lot, but there are car finder services...probably if you told your local dealer's internet sales guy what you want, and only that package, they might eventually find it. MB supposedly creates the best dealer experience available, I'd consider that to be part of it. We have 3 dealers within 30 miles of my house, I'd send the same email to each. In fact, when I've depreciated this one the rest of the way, I may do that myself for the replacement.
In all liklihood, the sales rep. would have tried (through internet guy) to find the exact car before ordering it from Germany. A full commission in hand is worth much more than one in future. In Nov. 2009, I tried six dealerships in a 200 mile radius with no luck finding a luxury version of any color/package sitting on a lot.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,416 Likes on 1,948 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
Originally Posted by El Cid
In all liklihood, the sales rep. would have tried (through internet guy) to find the exact car before ordering it from Germany. A full commission in hand is worth much more than one in future. In Nov. 2009, I tried six dealerships in a 200 mile radius with no luck finding a luxury version of any color/package sitting on a lot.
Indeed. Luxury trim W212 models are virtually impossible to find on U.S. dealer lots and I happen to feel that the reason has less to do with consumer preference and more to do with a corporate push to make the "sports" look the de facto norm for the line. Virtually every MBUSA official promo photo used in any media or printed advertisement shows a sports model and the luxury versions are noticeably absent. I think if dealer inventories reflected an equal balance of luxury & sport models, that many more consumers would opt for luxury trim cars--and be thrilled with their choice. As it stands now and for the past Few years, consumers who buy off the rack have two choices: take an in-stock sports model or place a special order.