Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E200 SE W212
Is my dealer(UK) trying to cheat me over the discontinued E200? Pics attached

Hi fellaz.

The story goes like this.

First of all I'm new to MB. I have used BMW 5 series cars throughout. For a change I thought of having a E class. I live in Cambridge, UK and I was willing to buy a 2014 Merc E200 with almost all the options which I configured using the online car configurator. I bought this via a dealer. This guy is an exporter of MB cars and he promised me a lower price tag than that appeared on the online car configurator. The reason for that is MB of Cambridge gives him a discount since he buys 4-5 cars every month. He's not a official MB guy. Just a car dealer. I have already paid some amount to this dealer to order my car.

I ordered this on last December(2014) and he promised me to give the car on April of this year. He also said he was going to place the order of the car after a week I have paid him the advance. So he should have ordered it by the 3rd week of December. He also sent me a so called order form which he took from the MB of Cambridge which doesn't look like a valid one. Have a look. I have attached it herewith.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1429980998

It's dated 16-12-2014. But if he had truly ordered the car on that date shouldn't it arrive by now?

Last week he gave me call and told me that now MB have discontinued the E200 model and they produce E250 instead. He also said it will take some more time to build my car and also will be a bit pricey. I'm pretty much sure that MB produced E200s until February before discontinuation. Has my dealer ordered my car after discontinuing E200? Has he not ordered the car on the promised date? Is that the reason why I'm getting a E250 instead of a E200? You guys know about this discontinuing E200? Please help me.

Thank You.
Attached Thumbnails Is my dealer(UK) trying to cheat me over the discontinued E200? Pics attached-unnamed.jpg  

Last edited by thuzithanwn; 04-25-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 841 Likes on 609 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by thuzithanwn
Hi fellaz.

The story goes like this.

First of all I'm new to MB. I have used BMW 5 series cars throughout. For a change I thought of having a E class. I live in Cambridge, UK and I was willing to buy a 2014 Merc E200 with almost all the options which I configured using the online car configurator. I bought this via a dealer. This guy is an exporter of MB cars and he promised me a lower price tag than that appeared on the online car configurator. The reason for that is MB of Cambridge gives him a discount since he buys 4-5 cars every month. He's not a official MB guy. Just a car dealer. I have already paid some amount to this dealer to order my car.

I ordered this on last December(2014) and he promised me to give the car on April of this year. He also said he was going to place the order of the car after a week I have paid him the advance. So he should have ordered it by the 3rd week of December. He also sent me a so called order form which he took from the MB of Cambridge which doesn't look like a valid one. Have a look. I have attached it herewith.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1429980998

It's dated 16-12-2014. But if he had truly ordered the car on that date shouldn't it arrive by now?

Last week he gave me call and told me that now MB have discontinued the E200 model and they produce E250 instead. He also said it will take some more time to build my car and also will be a bit pricey. I'm pretty much sure that MB produced E200s until February before discontinuation. Has my dealer ordered my car after discontinuing E200? Has he not ordered the car on the promised date? Is that the reason why I'm getting a E250 instead of a E200? You guys know about this discontinuing E200? Please help me.

Thank You.

I hope you did not pay too much to this "dealer". You may never see the money you paid nor the car that was supposedly ordered for you.

Something is very wrong with this...
Old 04-26-2015, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
2011 E63, 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 v8, 2013 GMC Denali XL, 1965 Ford Mustang, 2005 Merc. E500
You have a contract to purchase an E200. However, if that product is not available through no fault of the dealer other than a delay in ordering then the contract is void. He should give your money back or you should negotiate another contract to purchase an E250. I am not sure exactly how UK contract law works but its similar to USA.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
ordering a new car

1. The MB online car configurator is often not up to date. For example, the Canadian MB site still features MY2015 for E Class, when in fact MY2016 started production in March.

2. You should never do business in the hopes of saving money with a car broker who calls himself a "dealer" !! In all likelihood you have probably lost your deposit. My advice would be to deal with a reputable franchised MB dealer. A MB dealer would have known exactly when the changeover in model year occurred and he would also have known about any model deletions (e.g. E200).
Old 04-29-2015, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
A non authorized car dealer trying to cheat you....? Never... It's impossible. What do you think?
First of all, never do business with these so called "car dealers". It's never worth it in the end. Would you get the same treatment as if you bought from a legitimate dealer? Probably not. As far as the dealer is concerned you just bought a new car from somewhere else. They are under no obligation to give you any free perks (if at all they do). Yes, you might seem to save a few bucks, but at what cost? One of the perks of owning a new Benz is the experience of buying a new car from a dealer. I know some would disagree with me but I would not deal with a shady non authorized dealer especially if buying a new car. I hope you are able to get your money back so that you can order it properly from a dealer. Please don't go the cheap route. After all you are buying a Mercedes Benz .

Last edited by pamiboy; 04-29-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e550
What happens if you ask for a existing e250 from your broker?
Old 04-30-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
E300-4matic
Consider yourself screwed

Firstly, this guy isn't even a legal MB dealer so the only thing he can legitimately order is an order of fish and chips and a pint. With no offense meant, why would you go to any dealer that isn't a licensed MB dealer to buy an MB that is so new. Here in the States we all know that most used car dealers are one step above child molesters and they all lie like rugs. Just cruise on over and demand your down payment back as he cannot deliver what you have contractually agreed to purchase, if he won't capitulate, call your barrister. Good luck from your buddies in the States.