Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Only the front styling

Originally Posted by beejaypunsalan
good on you mate! some of the Hyundai designs I like better than the bimmer. I reckon I would be driving a hyundai if I cant afford my mercs. but comparing it to an E, apples and oranges. its even insulting imo.
Only comparing the front styling in this case. However, lots of professional car reviewers have been very favorably comparing Hyundai offerings to MB and other luxury makes. And don't think MB, BMW, etc. haven't noticed.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Not that crappy

Originally Posted by NickTH
While I don't own a Hyundai, I don't get all the bashing going on here.
It's a totally different car, made for totally different value buyer.
Obviously, it copies directly from MB's designs, which is nicely done.

I remember the old criticism from the 70's & 80's about how crappy those Toyota, Datsun/Nissan, & Honda's were...
In 1975 I purchased a pair of new Datsuns-fantastic cars for the price and more dependable and less far expensive to own than anything on the road. Had friends that own Japanese cars in '70's and '80's also. You couldn't get better - at any price. Later, I had a 300Zx and an RX7 convertible in the '80's. You couldn't get better, more dependable, more fun. And a whole lot less expensive to own than comparable European cars.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls55
Originally Posted by beejaypunsalan
Huh?!!! You might wanna read this thread from the beginning before you start blurting out words mate. I think youre missing the whole point here.
Re-read it, not sure how else to put it...
Old 06-05-2015, 07:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w212
Maybe it's just because the c is new, but I have mistaken them for facelifted w212 a few times recently while driving. They seem much bigger than the last c and the front end is very similar. Every time I thought it was an e was when it was coming towards me. The rear is kinda like the s but the size difference is enough for me to tell between those.

And on the Hyundai, they clearly copied design features from mb on the previous genesis, and Audi on the current gen. I don't like the copying and feel like it makes them the knock off brand, but a lot of people probably don't care or don't even notice. Or maybe they like that it looks just like an Audi at a fraction of the cost.