E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

sorry, another subwoofer thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2015 | 04:19 PM

2012 E350 4Matic Sedan
sorry, another subwoofer thread

I have done a lot of surfing over the past few days on this form and benzword, etc. I am leaning toward doing a custom stealth sub enclosure but I have a concern. My seats do not fold down so is the trunk going to be sealed up so well that it will negate the impact? I want something that will go low and be tight, I don't need a lot of trunk rattling boom, not that that isn't fun every now and then. Is it best to leave the factory sub running and just add the additional sub or disable/remove the factory sub?

Also, any equipment suggestions will be great. Don't want to break the bank but want something that is worthy and will last.

Last edited by monatex; 07-17-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2015 | 08:37 PM

2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
Originally Posted by monatex
I have done a lot of surfing over the past few days on this form and benzword, etc. I am leaning toward doing a custom stealth sub enclosure but I have a concern. My seats do not fold down so is the trunk going to be sealed up so well that it will negate the impact? I want something that will go low and be tight, I don't need a lot of trunk rattling boom, not that that isn't fun every now and then. Is it best to leave the factory sub running and just add the additional sub or disable/remove the factory sub?

Also, any equipment suggestions will be great. Don't want to break the bank but want something that is worthy and will last.
I'm in the exact same boat right now! I'm subscribing for this...

I tend to not want the trunk rattling boom and always dynamat my trunk when I put a sub in my vehicles.... I tend to prefer sound quality over "boom" however on occasion, I definitely want the SPL capability.

My three options I have been considering are the Focal 27kx, JL 10w7, and 12w6. Pretty confident I will end up with a 12w6.

I have never heard one of the Focal's in person.... however based on my experience with their components, it could be ideal 95% of the time.... unfortunately, the 5% will be an issue in the "you want what you can't have" regard is a concern.