2011 E-350 Long-Term Reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230
2011 E-350 Long-Term Reliability

Greetings everyone...

I own a E350BT Sport with 45K miles and nearing its warranty limit; it's a beautiful machine. The car has been a wonderful performer and delivers 42 mpg on long trips. The only maintenance item has been a Adblue heater replacement at 30K. Can't say I was thrilled having to pull the inner wheel liner to replace a headlamp, but that's a minor issue in the scheme of things.

I'm contemplating trading to a E250BT - I typically flip every 3 years to stay under the Merc CPO warranty. It's a bit of a dilemma because I love this car. IMHO Mercedes delivered a real winner in these E class BT machines. I have little doubt the E250 is also a superb machine, but there is this little voice is telling me 'stick with a winner'.

Anyone taking e350s to high mileages... 100+ plus? What are you seeing in terms of reliability and maintenance costs? Finding a car you love isn't easy. I took my old 300D to 330K before letting go of it.

I've enjoyed doing my own maintenance, but as you get older swinging a wrench gets harder. It's not just the complexity of the new technology, at least for me I just don't have much time. The cost of scheduled service by Merc during the warranty period is comparable to any other high-end brand, so overall I find the overall cost of ownership to be reasonable considering the safety, performance, and quality of the ride you get.

What is unknown is what to expect if I just keep driving my current ride. Any huge ticket items people have found over long-term ownership of E350BTs? I've heard people mention things like the DPF needing to be replaced, leaking rear oil seals in the turbo, etc. Hearing real world experience would be a great help!

Anxious to hear your feedback!!