E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Robbery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 06:16 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 S550
Thanks...From what I've been reading it looks like I'll just let the dealer deal with it when I take it in. It also looks like it will be under warranty...so thats a good thing.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 835 Likes on 604 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by jonUF02
Agreed, searching on a phone is quicker and easier than the clunky car interface. I only use built-in nav on rare long trips. Google also has the best live traffic data and re-routes automatically. To get traffic on the car nav you need Sirius traffic subscription and it still doesn't update as quickly as the phone.

Not worth an update these days unless you just insist on throwing money away.
All for their own. I also find the navi somewhat clumsy finding POIs but I can use my phone to find them and then manually put the address in the navi. I can also call Teleaid and they will beam it down in my navi. I cannot understand how anybody with a straight mind can claim it is better to follow guidance in a phone over the integrated system in the car after the target address is entered. But that is just me I guess.

I know the navi update disks are expensive but hey, its a Mercedes 😊. The updates do make a big improvement though.

The in-car system also allows you to set the target navigation point from your address book if you save addresses there.

MB navi system is one of the best for setting the target address, it just is that for safety they do not allow this during the car movement. And people get mad for that...go figure?

And the system in car allows you to call the target if there is a phone number with it, which is nice like with hotels.