E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Google finds nothing!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2016 | 05:56 PM

E350, Honda SP1, Suzuki DL1000, Ford XR4x4i
Google finds nothing!

Hi all,

I have recently acquired a 2010 E Class 350cdi. I love the car. My first MB and I am hooked.

Sadly though, it seems as though some cheeseweasel has bashed my driver's side light and it now sits further in than it should. Nothing looks broken but it's not sitting right.

Any ideas how to take it out so I can put it back in properly. It's only knocked back about an inch or so.

I can't see anything on Google for it and I need to fix it before my head breaks and I go people hunting!

Cheers,

S
Old 04-14-2016 | 07:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Oakford Dev
Hi all,

I have recently acquired a 2010 E Class 350cdi. I love the car. My first MB and I am hooked.

Sadly though, it seems as though some cheeseweasel has bashed my driver's side light and it now sits further in than it should. Nothing looks broken but it's not sitting right.

Any ideas how to take it out so I can put it back in properly. It's only knocked back about an inch or so.

I can't see anything on Google for it and I need to fix it before my head breaks and I go people hunting!

Cheers,

S
Your drivers headlight?
Old 04-14-2016 | 09:31 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9
Originally Posted by Oakford Dev
Hi all,

Cheers,

S
If it is "knocked back about an inch" then something is broken.
Old 04-15-2016 | 02:23 AM

E350, Honda SP1, Suzuki DL1000, Ford XR4x4i
It is the drivers side -aye.

It's definitely been bashed with a fist. I am guessing because my front end was over hanging a curb (used to have a 5 series that was hit in the back so many times by people in car parks I try to tuck in tight now) and a really clever person thpught they wpuld educate me. Nothing is cracked etc. I might be able to do something to re seat it but I don't want to start in bolting bits and cause a bigger issue.

Do you know if it's a simple job? Will it blow out airbags, upset the computer etc or can I just give it a go? I have only ever had BMWs and have had a similar issue before but I know zilch about MB so far!

Many thanks,

S
Old 04-15-2016 | 07:33 AM

2010 E350, Sold 1998 C230
Im guessing its one of the driving/fog lights that probably has part of the plastic mount broken since it sits so low. I have the same issue on my car, haven't really done anything with it in a year since it still works fine. This car is not curb or parking lot divider friendly, it will scrape and jam on anything higher than 4 inches. There is nothing in there that will set off airbags or anything like that as far as I know.

There are some online free resources for repair information, but you can also buy a subscription to alldatadiy.com for the car and have it when you need it. You can get a 3 year subscription for around 25-30 bucks if you shop around for a coupon. That would be your best bet if you intend to keep the car for a while and plan on doing your own work.
Old 04-15-2016 | 01:45 PM

2014 E350 4matic Sport
More importantly, does anyone know what a cheese weasel looks like? Google is not returning anything. ;-)

On a more serious note: sorry to hear about your headlight.